Newbie chick

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

A_F

Re: Newbie chick

Post by A_F »

EvenTheTrees wrote:When he died, I inherited his guns, but my sisters forced me to sell them and split the money.
I would have told them to pound sand.

But then, im 45 and ill say anything lol.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the gun you like.

My gf enjoys her Bersa Thunder CC 380, hates her Taurus ankle biter, likes to shoot 1911's but doesn't want to carry a big log like that.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Welcome.
You've been given some good advice already. Check http://www.corneredcat.com/ for tips on picking out & carrying a handgun from a woman's perspective.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Tru-Heathen wrote:Welcome.
You've been given some good advice already. Check http://www.corneredcat.com/ for tips on picking out & carrying a handgun from a woman's perspective.
+1 on the Cornered Cat! You can also find her on facebook and her book is superb as well. Much of the book and website can apply to everyone as well, not just women.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Sneakypete »

Welcome.
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

Welcome!! From another middle aged suburban mom who shoots:)

In addition to The Cornered Cat, please check out The Well Armed Woman. Both are excellent resources for female shooters and offer great advice on concealed carry.
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

Your description of how you and your Dad shot together is dead on with thousands if not millions of us out here. I have done the same with my oldest daughter not far south of where you first shot. Welcome to Ohioans for Conceal Carry. This is an awesome site and you will learn tons. I own both a 45 ACP and a 380 for carry. I am not a real big guy so I end up shooting the 380 more accurate and therfore end up carrying it more.
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it, and not have it."