Cuyahoga County New Member

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

KingoftheHills

Cuyahoga County New Member

Post by KingoftheHills »

Hey everyone I wanted to introduce myself. I am from the Independence area and completed my application on March 27th. Anxiously awaiting my response and issuance. I use Stonewall range in Broadview heights. I am excited for the new information and education from the great members of this forum!

Thanks,

KingoftheHills
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Cuyahoga County New Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Welcome to OFCC. :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Welcome and be careful at Stonewall.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
KingoftheHills

Post by KingoftheHills »

pirateguy191 wrote:Welcome and be careful at Stonewall.
What does this reference? Is it not a safe range?
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

KingoftheHills wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:Welcome and be careful at Stonewall.
What does this reference? Is it not a safe range?
Just one man's personal opinion, but I've seen so many people in that place shooting that don't have the first clue on gun safety let alone range safety. I admit that I haven't been there for several years, but from what I gather, it hasn't gotten much better.

Just keep your eyes open at all times.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

pirateguy191 wrote: Just keep your eyes open at all times.
I'm at the other end of Ohio so have no first hand knowledge of Stonewall. However it's been discussed on here a bunch with lots of negative comments from a multitude of forum folks who have shown themselves to be honest and well informed. I'm not saying that every comment was bad, but a trend for sure.

Pirateguy's advice to be watchful is spot on about ANY range especially when you don't know and trust all the others on the line at the time. In the same vein if the staffers aren't carefully overseeing safety issues, that's a serious concern too.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

pirateguy191 wrote:Just one man's personal opinion, but I've seen so many people in that place shooting that don't have the first clue on gun safety let alone range safety. I admit that I haven't been there for several years, but from what I gather, it hasn't gotten much better.

Just keep your eyes open at all times.
I'll heartily second that. Since we moved out to Lorain County I've only been at Stonewall once in the last few years and there was definitely just too much commotion going on (in particular behind the other shooters) and of course no supervision by any employees. One trick I did find worked well was to take my AR-10 and pay the bit extra to shoot rifle. After about five rounds most of the hoodies start heading for the exits. I could then screw on my suppressor and have the place to myself and/or transition to handgun.

When I need to hit up a public range I've been going to B&T in Elyria. It's significantly smaller; only six stalls I believe, so there can be a wait at times. The cash register is right outside the range window and it's always manned. When he's not dealing with a customer he's looking back and forth between the front door and the range. On two separate occasions I have seen the register guy pull on a pair of muffs and run onto the range to admonish some unsafe practice.

Personally whenever I go to the range I wear my vest, no matter who runs the establishment.
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rimfireOH »

Welcome to the forum!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852