Greetings from the Columbus area

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: Greetings from the Columbus area

Post by Brian D. »

Klingon00 wrote:WELCOME!

Another place to consider is LEPD range near the Bethel Centre in Columbus. Their facilities are new and they are convenient for me as an indoor range and the pricing for using the range is decent. There's rarely any waiting or lines either, which is not something I can say about Black Wing (although they are one of my favorites near Columbus as well).

I haven't bought a whole lot at the store as some of the prices aren't always competitive but the people are always very friendly and helpful and it does have a warm atmosphere as people are usually willing to chat, both customers and employees.

I've also had some minor gun smithing done by Ronnie Bianco who works under the name "Boom Boom Tactical" in their back room. His work is excellent and I am very pleased with the results.
Even living 100 miles away from LEPD, I will second Klingon's sentiment. They DO offer some great used/PD trade-in gun prices...says the guy who's been in there four times and left with a new-to-him gun twice so far. :)
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Thawmytongue

Post by Thawmytongue »

Stryker74 wrote:
The Powder Room is a scenic drive from Dublin, through historic Plain City - about 20 minutes from the western part of Dublin. Worth the drive!

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in Powder Room Firearms (other than they take my finances from me periodically!), but consider those guys to be personal friends of mine. Good guys that are very knowledgeable - and they will not be condescending in the least. They carry (or can get) most things you might want - except Hipoint. They will not stock or order Hipoint firearms at all. :shock: :lol:

Not to leave out the guys at GunEnvy either - they are a great group at that store as well. If you are looking for anything special in terms of mill work or engraving on a gun - that is THE place to get it done. They also do finishing on guns, like with Cerakote. They are a Class III dealer was well - so you can get your NFA items through them, in addition to non-NFA firearms!

Again - no financial interest in GunEnvy at all. Just good guys that I again consider to be friends. I have seen their work, and GunEnvy has worked with OFCC numerous times in the past to donate items and time - stand up guys that know their stuff!
I shot at the power room years ago while visiting family here and it was a great experience. I talked to the guy behind the counter (owner?) who was talking about how the neighborhoods which weren't even there when he started were pressuring him to restrict shooting hours and calibers due to noise complaints. Then I read about the break in and theft and figured they were done for. Glad to here they are still around. I will definitely make a trip out there.

Klingon00 wrote:WELCOME!

Another place to consider is LEPD range near the Bethel Centre in Columbus. Their facilities are new and they are convenient for me as an indoor range and the pricing for using the range is decent. There's rarely any waiting or lines either, which is not something I can say about Black Wing (although they are one of my favorites near Columbus as well).

I haven't bought a whole lot at the store as some of the prices aren't always competitive but the people are always very friendly and helpful and it does have a warm atmosphere as people are usually willing to chat, both customers and employees.

I've also had some minor gun smithing done by Ronnie Bianco who works under the name "Boom Boom Tactical" in their back room. His work is excellent and I am very pleased with the results.
Brian D. wrote:
Even living 100 miles away from LEPD, I will second Klingon's sentiment. They DO offer some great used/PD trade-in gun prices...says the guy who's been in there four times and left with a new-to-him gun twice so far. :)
Uh, Klingon lost me at "Boom Boom Tactical"... JK :lol:

I just saw the LEPD range sign this past weekend while running some errands and meant to look into them.
-Matt

"Carry often, apply sparingly."
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

+1 for Gun Envy and Powder Room, in no particular order. Both good groups of guys.