hello from dublin

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mroach52

hello from dublin

Post by mroach52 »

Been on the forum for a long time but recently became more active.

Have had a ccw since 2004 but allowed it to expire and recently renewed.

Havent carried much in the past but have been more often as of late and hopeful that we will get an employee parking lot exception so I can carry more often.

My employer has been pro ccw for customers but employees are prohibited, oddly they took down the gb signs at our it operations center this week but employees are still prohibited... hopefully a change is coming but doubtful.

Thanks and look forward to participating in the forum.

Mike
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: hello from dublin

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome Mike!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
BobK

Post by BobK »

Welcome to the forums, Mike! Glad you are here.

FWIW, when I worked in Columbus, my employer did not have the parking lots posted but there was a clear company policy prohibiting employees from possessing weapons anywhere on company policy.

I chose to have my gun with me driving to and from work, and it sat locked in my car everyday while I was at work.

If I had been discovered, it would certainly have been a violation of company policy and I could have been disciplined ("... up to and including termination of employment."). However, it was not a criminal offense, meaning I could not have been charged with a crime. I weighed my options and made my choices. In years of working there with my gun in the car, it was never an issue.

Also, I believe one's risk of ever experiencing an employer issue with a handgun in the parking lot is substantially reduced if one subscribes to a particular piece of whimsy known in these forums as "Tweed's rules vis-a-vis employment":
Tweed Ring wrote:Tweed's rules vis-a-vis any employment situation, carefully developed after 30+ years in HR go as follows:

1. ) I do not own a gun, and I shall never talk to my co-workers about guns.

2.) I do not want to own a gun and I shall never talk to my co-workers about guns.

3.) I don't want to talk to anyone who owns a gun, and I shall never talk to my co-workers about guns.

4.) If someone is talking about guns, I shall walk away, and I shall never talk to my co-workers about guns.

5.) My hobbies are very interesting and entertaining, but, I shall never talk to my co-workers about guns.

6.) The hobbies of my significant other, (if any) and children (if any) are very interesting and entertaining and I shall never talk to my co-workers about guns.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

First, welcome to this forum. Workplace violence has been a hot button issue stressing HR managers for at least two decades. I implore you to exercise extreme caution in any personal self-defense conversations with co-workers. These snippets tend to be reported to HR – and, to cover their backsides – HR is driven to “do something.”

Traditionally, that “something” has a negative impact on the specific employee’s career trajectory. I have seen people lose their livelihood, in part, because they were on the HR negative radar. Many HR people are paranoid about liability issues.

Of course the above has little impact upon anyone working for Aunt Bess and Uncle Bubba, at the family Country Bar & Grill, Carryout, Used Tire Emporium and Mobil Station.
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Welcome to OFCC!
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
octagon

Post by octagon »

Welcome to the forum. It's good to see such consistent membership increase.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Hello and welcome.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe