New Member in Athens

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dwhite001

New Member in Athens

Post by dwhite001 »

Hello Everyone! I joined the other day after I was directed here by a friend. I am an Independent Insurance Agent and I also am a Recruiter for Secondcall Defense. Glad to be a part of the group!

Dave White
ESAFO

Re: New Member in Athens

Post by ESAFO »

Welcome aboard Dave enjoy your stay.
BOB
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Hello Dave. Is there still a bring-your-own-everything public range at Strouds Run State Park just east of Athens?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome Dave, and thank you for your support!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

It's always good to see more folks from southeastern Ohio.

I'm in the hills of Hocking county.
MyWifeSaidYes
Sky Pilot

Post by Sky Pilot »

Welcome aboard, glad you're here! :mrgreen:
Center Township Combat Pistol League
TARDIS driver, NRA Endowment!
"I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Welcome to the group!

Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
dwhite001

Post by dwhite001 »

Hello Everyone and Thanks! Been kind of busy here in Athens. To answer a question, No. There is no longer a range open at Strouds Run. It's been closed for a while now.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Welcome to the site.

What the heck did you do to The Union? :cry: I don't think I ever went there but must say that is very saddening the amount of damage done. The more important question is did Goodfella's survive?

And for those wondering what I'm talking about. Union Street Fire

Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Downtowns of that vintage and design (no internal fire stops, buildings right next to each other) are prone to have fires spread past the building of origin. Unless you arrive with a LOT of firefighters and equipment, quickly, it's almost impossible to catch up before that occurs.

Didn't read the story, hope there were no injuries or deaths.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Sky Pilot

Post by Sky Pilot »

Court street saw the Hardware Store Fire some years ago, I was sitting on a Keenan loop putting water into a window -- right across the street from the VW Bug that was crushed when the brick false front fell on it.
There was also a backdraft explosion on the top floor. It blew curtains and cans of vegetables across the street, scattering the spectating children more effectively than the constabulary.
(Apartments above the hardware store apparently used their canned goods as window decoration. Must be a college thing.)
Center Township Combat Pistol League
TARDIS driver, NRA Endowment!
"I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett
dwhite001

Post by dwhite001 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Welcome to the site.

What the heck did you do to The Union? :cry: I don't think I ever went there but must say that is very saddening the amount of damage done. The more important question is did Goodfella's survive?

And for those wondering what I'm talking about. Union Street Fire

They still aren't sure exactly where the fire started, but it wasn't at the Union. Goodfella's survived without much damage at all. a little water I believe, but nothing of any consequence. I Insure The Uptown Dog T-Shirt Shop. They are right next to what was Jack Neal Floral. They suffered severe water and smoke damage. The building they were in, sustained a lot of damage, although it was never on fire. A long hard road back is on the way.
dwhite001

Post by dwhite001 »

Brian D. wrote:Downtowns of that vintage and design (no internal fire stops, buildings right next to each other) are prone to have fires spread past the building of origin. Unless you arrive with a LOT of firefighters and equipment, quickly, it's almost impossible to catch up before that occurs.

Didn't read the story, hope there were no injuries or deaths.

No deaths, a few injuries but nothing serious. Very, Very lucky that none of the people that rent apartments above these buildings were hurt. Most all of these buildings were 100+ years old. Different fire codes way back then. I think we are all very lucky it didn't get more out of hand than it did. We have a great Fire Dept. with a lot of surrounding community support. They did an awesome job.
dwhite001

Post by dwhite001 »

Sky Pilot wrote:Court street saw the Hardware Store Fire some years ago, I was sitting on a Keenan loop putting water into a window -- right across the street from the VW Bug that was crushed when the brick false front fell on it.
There was also a backdraft explosion on the top floor. It blew curtains and cans of vegetables across the street, scattering the spectating children more effectively than the constabulary.
(Apartments above the hardware store apparently used their canned goods as window decoration. Must be a college thing.)

I remember that fire as well. It was the Belks Dept store. A good friend of mine worked next door at The Cats Den. He owned that VW Bug that was smashed. That was quite a fire. Never did re-build, that site is a parking lot to this day.