A re-introduction

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

A re-introduction

Post by SeanC »

I used to be very active in OFCC and on the OFCC message boards. As many of you know, I published the Handbook of Ohio Firearms Law (which is now outdated, but may be revised soon) in 2009, and then made a rather abrupt exit from the forums. The reason for my departure is that I accepted a job with the Ohio Attorney General. While AG's Cordray and DeWine were and are both reasonably pro-gun, I felt that I should limit my public commentary rather than risk imputation of my personal views upon my employer or clients. Since 2009 I continued to be very active in firearms law and policy, though much of my work will never surface. I drafted the concealed carry reciprocity agreements executed since 2009, and worked to put out a lot of small fires before they were picked up by the public or became problematic. I spoke at several seminars on firearms law and use-of-force, though most of my educational efforts were targeted at law enforcement and not the general public.

During that same time, I also got into better physical shape and joined the Army Reserve as a JAG officer. I mobilized to Fort Campbell and served with the Division Staff at the 101st Airborne from March of 2013 to March of this year. On my return, I left the AG and my family moved to Springboro.

I'm back in private practice at the firm of Green & Green Lawyers in Dayton, and you'll see a short bio for me in my signature block. The firm is immensely pro-gun, and I'm pleased to be back in the more public aspect of firearms and use-of-force law and policy. I hope to resume regularly contributing to the forums over the next month or so. Anyway, I just wanted you all to know what's been going on with me, and to say that I'm glad to be back.
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
Tweed Ring

Re: A re-introduction

Post by Tweed Ring »

Sounds like an excellent career path. Congratulations. Thank you for your service to our country.
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome back to the forum.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Welcome back...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome back!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Welcome back and think you for your service (on multiple fronts)
BobK

Post by BobK »

I've missed having your thoughtful contributions and will enjoy reading your comments int the future. Welcome back and thanks for your service.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Welcome back, Sean. Now that you're in the private sector again, we hope to see a lot more of you.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Well, no one can say you've been lazing around.....
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Welcome back Sean, and thank you for all you've done!
We met in Waverly, at the trial of the guy who open carried in Walmart.

It'll be good having you back
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Welcome
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Sean:

Welcome Back, and thanks for your service....

The wife and I moved in with mom in 2009, and she decided to Winter in El Paso, and never bothered to come back. So, there's room for the two cats our daughter gave us :D....

Otherwise not much going on here ....

(I started reloading in October 2012. That doesn't count since I also started in about 1970. Several of us got together and bought a press & such. Then somebody's wife or mom didn't want gunpowder in the house and it had to wait. Wish I remembered where I put the lead furnace.)

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם