Hi everybody,

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Hi everybody,

Postby glockabilly » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:27 pm

I live in southeastern Ohio, middle aged male and blue collar family guy. I've had a concealed carry since they first stared licensing in 2004. But recently I allowed it to expire due to my work schedule conflicting with the sheriff'a department. So, I guess I will be doing the class all over again. If anybody knows of a good class around cambridge or Barnsville area let me know. Thanks.
glockabilly
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Re: Hi everybody,

Postby JustaShooter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:50 pm

No need to take a class, go ahead and renew it - According to ORC 2923.125 (F)(1) there is no limit on the amount of time a person can take to renew an expired license.
A licensee who wishes to renew a concealed handgun license issued under this section shall do so not earlier than ninety days before the expiration date of the license or at any time after the expiration date of the license


And it might be a good idea to re-read the handbook and maybe brush up on the changes to the law, there have been a number of changes over the years you may not know about.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
User avatar
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 4530
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Akron/Canton Area

Re: Hi everybody,

Postby Aesinsp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Hello and welcome.
My wife is from Monroe county.
The enemy's goal is chaos and division.. United we stand - divided we fall.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:27 am
Location: Central Ohio

Re: Hi everybody,

Postby glockabilly » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Aesinsp wrote:Hello and welcome.
My wife is from Monroe county.


Thanks, I'm not far from there.
glockabilly
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Re: Hi everybody,

Postby glockabilly » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:28 pm

Aesinsp wrote:Hello and welcome.
My wife is from Monroe county.


Thanks,
JustaShooter wrote:No need to take a class, go ahead and renew it - According to ORC 2923.125 (F)(1) there is no limit on the amount of time a person can take to renew an expired license.
A licensee who wishes to renew a concealed handgun license issued under this section shall do so not earlier than ninety days before the expiration date of the license or at any time after the expiration date of the license


And it might be a good idea to re-read the handbook and maybe brush up on the changes to the law, there have been a number of changes over the years you may not know about.
I'm not far from there.

I did not know that. Dang,I think I threw away my old expired license! Do you think I can renew without it?
glockabilly
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Re: Hi everybody,

Postby Tourist » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:54 am

Welcome to the forum.
User avatar
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 2889
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: Chesterland

Re: Hi everybody,

Postby JustaShooter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:42 am

glockabilly wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:No need to take a class, go ahead and renew it - According to ORC 2923.125 (F)(1) there is no limit on the amount of time a person can take to renew an expired license.
A licensee who wishes to renew a concealed handgun license issued under this section shall do so not earlier than ninety days before the expiration date of the license or at any time after the expiration date of the license


And it might be a good idea to re-read the handbook and maybe brush up on the changes to the law, there have been a number of changes over the years you may not know about.


I did not know that. Dang,I think I threw away my old expired license! Do you think I can renew without it?

Should be able to, I would think that you could just fill out the app as a renewal and they should be able to look up your expired license in the LEADS system. Might be worth a call to the Sheriff's office (but be prepared for them to not know the current law, unfortunately). If your county won't do it, someone in here may know of a bordering county that is more friendly.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
User avatar
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 4530
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Akron/Canton Area


Return to Introduce Yourself Here

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests