Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

beholder88

Post by beholder88 »

Hello all, new guy here. I just moved from Pennsylvania to the Columbus are and was looking for concealed carry resources. I had a permit in PA, and understand that there is no reciprocity with Ohio. I have however heard some conflicting information. I'm a 12 year veteran of the Army Reserves and have been told by a few people (including a Gander Mountain employee) that because of my military status I should still be able to carry in Ohio. Anyone have any information on this?
rflemen

Re: New Member

Post by rflemen »

Welcome aboard! Thanks for your service...

Regards,
Rob
Beretta 92 FS
Glock 19 Gen4
M&P Shield 9mm
Baby Desert Eagle II .45 acp
M&P 22
S&W Bodyguard
Colt M4
Ruger 10/22
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Thank you for your service to our country.
BobK

Post by BobK »

WELCOME and thanks for your service.
beholder88 wrote:. . . that because of my military status I should still be able to carry in Ohio. Anyone have any information on this?
If your DD214 shows handgun training (or any firearms training, depending upon the sheriff), you can be excused from taking the Ohio-required 12-hour training course.

Military or not, you still need a license recognized by Ohio to carry a concealed handgun.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Welcome to OFCC!
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
fisher

Post by fisher »

(3) One or more of the following competency certifications, each of which shall reflect that, regarding a certification described in division (B)(3)(a), (b), (c), (e), or (f) of this section, within the three years immediately preceding the application the applicant has performed that to which the competency certification relates and that, regarding a certification described in division (B)(3)(d) of this section, the applicant currently is an active or reserve member of the armed forces of the United States or within the six years immediately preceding the application the honorable discharge or retirement to which the competency certification relates occurred:

Welcome to the forum!

BTW-Florida does not have the six year requirement and issues nonresident licences currently valid in OH.
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;