Another new member from Akron

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rsr911

Another new member from Akron

Post by rsr911 »

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from Akron and found this site looking for an explanation of the liquor control sign posted at my local Walgreens. Figured I'd stick around and learn. I grew up around firearms but really have not had a self defense weapon until recently (I don't think a tricked out target 10/22 would cut it lol). I've got a 18.5" 870 12 gauge for the house. Bought a Glock 26 for CCW and got my permit last week. I sure feel a lot more comfortable than I did before with just a knife clipped on my belt (open carried one for years). I'm an NRA member and will likely join OFCC as well. Looks like a great forum, time to read up and learn more.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Another new member from Akron

Post by JustaShooter »

Welcome to OFCC! I'm in the Akron/Canton area myself, it's good to have another like-minded individual check in from this part of the state!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

Welcome to the OFCC Forums from Youngstown! =)
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
jose45

Post by jose45 »

Welcome from Geauga Cty.
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Welcome to OFCC...You won't be disappointed for joining...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Welcome!

And hey, let's see some pics of the car! 8) :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

Welcome aboard!
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
Amrad37

Post by Amrad37 »

Welcome to the forum.
People who matter are most aware that everyone else does too. - Malcolm S. Forbes
NRA Life Member
Amateur Radio N8PUU
rsr911

Post by rsr911 »

TSiWRX wrote:Welcome!

I don't have the car anymore due to the economy but I'd be glad to post pictures. Can they be posted through the board or do I need a photobucket or similar account. It started life as a mundane 1966 912, had a narrow body RSR kit installed, "S" brakes, 911 trans (reverse pattern like the 901), an '83 3.0 with 40mm modified Zenith carbs, "E" cams, and headers. Total blast to drive! Had to sell it to keep up with bills about 3 years ago (I work on commission), got more than I had in it but still hated to sell. Since things are improving I'm saving my pennies for a 993 of some sort.

Thanks to all for the kind introduction. I've learned a lot searching through the various threads.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

rsr911 wrote: Can they be posted through the board or do I need a photobucket or similar account.
Photobucket would work.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20342
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

rsr911 wrote:

I don't have the car anymore due to the economy but I'd be glad to post pictures. Can they be posted through the board or do I need a photobucket or similar account. It started life as a mundane 1966 912, had a narrow body RSR kit installed, "S" brakes, 911 trans (reverse pattern like the 901), an '83 3.0 with 40mm modified Zenith carbs, "E" cams, and headers. Total blast to drive! Had to sell it to keep up with bills about 3 years ago (I work on commission), got more than I had in it but still hated to sell. Since things are improving I'm saving my pennies for a 993 of some sort.

Thanks to all for the kind introduction. I've learned a lot searching through the various threads.
Oh man, I am sorry to hear that you've had to let her go. :(

I love Porsches. They don't really love me back :P , but heck, once I get the daughter out of college (or maybe after she has a career? :lol: ), I'd still like to get one. 8)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Kgolf31

Post by Kgolf31 »

TSiWRX wrote:
rsr911 wrote:

Oh man, I am sorry to hear that you've had to let her go. :(

I love Porsches. They don't really love me back :P , but heck, once I get the daughter out of college (or maybe after she has a career? :lol: ), I'd still like to get one. 8)

First off, Welcome!

I'm a huge Porsche fan. When you're in high school and you get to porter Porsches from Porsche of North Olmsted for a local tint shop, you can appreciate them a lot more.

I still don't know why they allowed me to drive a 996 GT2RS, but hey...it arrived in 1 piece.
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

Welcome from a fellow Akron resident
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;