Hi guys.

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ohioborntexan

Hi guys.

Post by ohioborntexan »

I have checked out the site a few times and just decided to register. I have been active on a Texas CHL site for quite some time.

My username tells the story. I have had my Texas CHL for about 5 years, I carry a Kimber in a shoulder holster, with 2 spare mags. and a Beretta 32 in my pocket with 2 spare mags.

I retired last summer and really enjoy it.
God bless America, and please hurry!

When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Hi guys.

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Hello and welcome.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Welcome to OFCC..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
jose45

Post by jose45 »

Welcome!!
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Welcome to the forums!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
niceglav

Post by niceglav »

Welcome... I am new as well
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Welcome to ofcc
Black Rifles Matter
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Hi Tex. I was an Ohio transplant there during most of the 1980's. Loved it. If Texas secedes, I'm claiming dual citizenship.
The British are going! The British are going!
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

Hello! Welcome to the forums.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
ohioborntexan

Post by ohioborntexan »

muxtech wrote:Hi Tex. I was an Ohio transplant there during most of the 1980's. Loved it. If Texas secedes, I'm claiming dual citizenship.
I was born and raised in Southern Ohio. While stationed in Texas in the Navy, I went into the base library to take out a book and took out the librarian. We have been married 44 years now and still love each other.

After 4 years I got out of the Navy and went back to Southern Ohio. There was no decent work to be had and I had a family to provide for so we moved back to Texas. We have lived here about 42 years.

Texas is among just a few states that have sane gun laws. When you go to the Capitol Building in Austin, most people have to stand in line to go through a metal detector and have carry in items searched. If you have a CHL you can go to another desk, show them your CHL and go on in carrying your gun (concealed). They don’t even want to see your firearm.

There were some lobbyists said even though they don’t want to carry a gun they were going to get a CHL so they don’t have to spend so much time in the metal detector line.

How many states let you carry concealed in the State Capital building?

When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

ohioborntexan wrote:I was born and raised in Southern Ohio. While stationed in Texas in the Navy, I went into the base library to take out a book and took out the librarian. We have been married 44 years now and still love each other.

After 4 years I got out of the Navy and went back to Southern Ohio. There was no decent work to be had and I had a family to provide for so we moved back to Texas. We have lived here about 42 years.

Texas is among just a few states that have sane gun laws. When you go to the Capitol Building in Austin, most people have to stand in line to go through a metal detector and have carry in items searched. If you have a CHL you can go to another desk, show them your CHL and go on in carrying your gun (concealed). They don’t even want to see your firearm.

There were some lobbyists said even though they don’t want to carry a gun they were going to get a CHL so they don’t have to spend so much time in the metal detector line.

How many states let you carry concealed in the State Capital building?
And yet, you cannot exercise your Second Amendment rights and openly carry a handgun, and you get hassled and often arrested if you legally openly carry an unloaded rifle. Even with a CHL you cannot carry in a bar, church, polling place, hospital, nursing home, or amusement park. Maybe my perspective is different, but that's not what I'd call "sane gun laws". The single exception that I'm aware of that is better than Ohio is that they don't prohibit carry into government buildings.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
ohioborntexan

Post by ohioborntexan »

JustaShooter

I moved my reply to "National Firearm Politics & Legislation" “Texas Laws” http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76669" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; because I think this thread is for introduction.