Luke in Columbus

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

donttreadonluke

Luke in Columbus

Post by donttreadonluke »

Hey everyone. I'm new and I love guns. I'm 31 and a doctor

My collection:
2 Colt AR carbines (one scoped, one w red dot)
Bushmaster AR (full size)
Russian SKS (1954, all original)
Walther PPK/S (stainless)
Beretta 92FS (black w Hogue grip)
Glock 19 (recently purchased from forum member "duzzbucket")
Remington 870 Express TALO edition with tiger camo stock

My wishlist:
Springfield M1A
Glock 26
Kimber compact 1911
Springfield EMP 9mm
Browning Hi-Power
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Luke in Columbus

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Welcome!
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Welcome, Luke! Cool list. There is a gorgeous Browning Hi-Power for sale right now on our forums. I usually don't point other people to "for sale" guns that I want, but I've been trying to keep cool on purchases lately. I'm still glowing from my most recent one.

What kind of a Doctor? See, I've got this really odd thing in my upper torso. I wouldn't call it pain... it's more like a positional-related discomfort. There are certain ways I can move and it kind of "clicks" in to place and after that, I'm good. :lol: :wink:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

....Welcome to OFCC Luke.

..If you don't mind me asking. What kind of Doctor are you ????? :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
jose45

Post by jose45 »

Welcome Doc,How about free consults here on the board? I'll start. Every time I drink a cup of coffee I get this shooting pain in my eye....... :D
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
JDinOH

Post by JDinOH »

Welome to the forum, Luke. I'm new here too and everybody has been very welcoming and I've gotten tons of great information - hope to start contributing to that soon.

I'm in healthcare too - I'm the Technical Director of a cardiovascular ultrasound lab in an Internal Medicine practice over on the campus of Mt. Carmel East.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.”
~Thomas Jefferson

”Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
~Benjamin Franklin
donttreadonluke

Post by donttreadonluke »

Thanks everyone! Nice to meet you all

For the record, I am a family practitioner.

I've always loved guns but up until recently never owned any. Encouraged by my best friend, I finally bought my first 2 guns (a Colt carbine and Walther PPK/S) about a year and a half ago, and ever since then I've been hooked. I love the study of firearms and ballistics, and I look forward to a lifetime of improving my knowledge and shooting skill.

Also, I don't know how many of you guys and girls are politically active, but I'm a staunch anarcho-capitalist libertarian, and a devoted supporter of Ron Paul and Austrian economic theory. I would love to meet more of our ilk from the C-bus area for camaraderie and the occasional beer.

Cheers,

-Luke
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

If you live on the north side of town toward Polaris/Powell/Lewis Center or even Sawmill, you could be my new doctor.

My current doctor is okay... he's not specifically anti-gun or anything, but his office is a PITA, appointments are a PITA and we've considered a new doctor for some time.

If that were to happen, we'd have to hammer out ALL the gun talk here or through e-mail because I'm sure neither of us would have the spare time during an office visit to chat GUNS and shooting. 'Cause I could do that for hours... :P
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Welcome to OFCC!
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

WELCOME ! Just curious, how many bullet wounds have you treated ? :|
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

curmudgeon3 wrote:WELCOME ! Just curious, how many bullet wounds have you treated ? :|
I think that would be the realm of Emergency Medicine rather than Family Practice...:roll:
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

charben wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:WELCOME ! Just curious, how many bullet wounds have you treated ? :|
I think that would be the realm of Emergency Medicine rather than Family Practice...:roll:
I don't know ..... whaddya think donttreadonluke ? :roll:
Doc Holliday usta do it quite frequently; you should remember that CHARBEN. :|
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

curmudgeon3 wrote:
charben wrote:
I don't know ..... whaddya think donttreadonluke ? :roll:
Doc Holliday usta do it quite frequently; you should remember that CHARBEN. :|
Well, unlike YOU, I wasn't around in the days of Doc Holliday! :lol:
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."