Hello From Cleveland

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Capt.Crunch

Hello From Cleveland

Post by Capt.Crunch »

Hello All,
New guy here, born and raised in Indiana but I have been living in Ohio for the past 15 years. I have been around/owned guns nearly all my life. It wasn't until a recent event that I decided to carry one for defense. I just completed my CCW class last week and applied for the license today at the Cuyahoga county office. Thanks to all the great info I have picked from reading all of your valuable posts, I already knew most of the info covered. Thanks for such a great sight, it truly is a great resource.

Bobby
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Hello From Cleveland

Post by TSiWRX »

Welcome, from a fellow Clevelander. :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

Welcome. :)
How was your trip to the Justice Center? I really hate all of the metal detectors.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome aboard!
45Automatic wrote:Welcome. :)
How was your trip to the Justice Center? I really hate all of the metal detectors.
The Cuyahoga County office moved to Parma, by the DMV, & drivers license office a few months ago. It sounds like they have a pretty good turn around time there now also!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Capt.Crunch wrote:Hello All,
New guy here, born and raised in Indiana but I have been living in Ohio for the past 15 years. I have been around/owned guns nearly all my life. It wasn't until a recent event that I decided to carry one for defense. I just completed my CCW class last week and applied for the license today at the Cuyahoga county office. Thanks to all the great info I have picked from reading all of your valuable posts, I already knew most of the info covered. Thanks for such a great sight, it truly is a great resource.

Bobby
Let us know about your turnaround time for Cuyahoga. I have a couple people that will be taking there class soon and it would be much easier for them to go to Parma.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Welcome!
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Capt.Crunch

Post by Capt.Crunch »

Yea, going to Parma was much easier for me also. I will certainly update about the turn around time. I was the only one there for CCW at the time and definitely got a few looks (there is a big sign that hangs overhead "Concealed Handgun Licence Unit"). The only thing that got me worried is the guy helping me answered the phone, it was someone calling asking where their license was. He mentioned the 45 day rule and gave them a deadline of April 4th. Well that was today so it means they were at 41 days of waiting.....hopefully it was just a fluke and does not represent the actual turnaround time. I've been breaking in my MTAC holster with my Glock 19 at home but cant wait to actually be able to carry.
Capt.Crunch

Post by Capt.Crunch »

45Automatic wrote:Welcome. :)
Like others said, it has moved to Parma, but I wasn't really sure what to expect so I left most of my EDC items in the truck (surefire and knife). All in all it was a good, quick experience. The whole process took 10 minutes. Lets just hope this turnaround time is less than a week, it really feels like you are playing the lottery.
Barker

Post by Barker »

Hello to a fellow NE Ohio member!
NRA Member
Mightyratz

Post by Mightyratz »

Welcome from Lakewood
"We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists."
--- Patrick Henry