Hello from West Chester, Ohio

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Re: Hello from West Chester, Ohio

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Hello and welcome. Sounds like with all the SW Ohioans joining recently we need a M&G around the Tri-County to Kenwood area.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
mreising

Post by mreising »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Hello and welcome. Sounds like with all the SW Ohioans joining recently we need a M&G around the Tri-County to Kenwood area.
The (unwritten) rule is, whoever brings it up organizes it. I thought dirtdawg was working on that a couple of weeks ago, but it may be taking longer because of the new policies. Golden Corrals usually work well as long as it is not on a weekend evening. They are CC friendly and the buffet type operation accomodates people arriving at different times, as opposed to people being seated and placing orders with the wait staff and then having more people show up 15-30 later.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
dirtdawg

Post by dirtdawg »

@Mark-
Thanks for the friendly reminder. I never got a response to my inquiry about the new procedures for a M&G. Basically, the form that must be submitted requires a date be specified. As we all know, anytime one selects a day, it becomes immediately obvious that it is in conflict with everyone else's schedule. Ultimately, I suppose I should (in light of the new rules) simply pick a place and time that works for me and just throw it out there. Whoever makes it, makes it.

Now that I think about it though, I could post a new topic asking interested parties to send a PM with an email contact, so the discussion can take place offline and THEN post the date, time, and place after a concensus is reached (whew).
Dirtdawg
NRA Member, Clinton County Farmer's and Sportsmen Association Director
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Instructor; Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, PPITH