Columbus fella new to the site

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bjammin

Columbus fella new to the site

Post by Bjammin »

Greetings! Let me say that I am quite impressed with the amount of support that I see from this web site for folks like me and you who choose to protect ourselves and family.. Honestly, I have been lurking here for a couple of months and enjoy all the post and topics that are thoroughly discussed. I hope to bring to the table a well balanced mind and my support for the education of firearms ownership and the use of firearms as part of our daily attire. I have not activated my membership yet and after I get a chance to discuss with the wife our finances my membership should be active in a couple of days.. I am new to the world of CCW since December of 2010 and have enjoyed my freedom since.. Now I am trying to get my wife to follow my lead and obtain her training as well.. I am Kentucky born and grew up as a Military kid living overseas for 7 1/2 years and moving to a new destination about every 3 years.. I am now married to my beautiful wife who I met in Ohio and we reside in the German Village Area in Columbus.. I have worked for the big college in Columbus for 7 years and spend about 10 hours a day unfortunately unarmed.. I am like most of you and have enjoyed collecting firearms for both protection and primarily for hunting. I am most passionate about the pursuit of Meleagris gallopavo (Eastern Wild Turkey),.. I spend the great majority of my free time in the spring chasing them suckers up and down hills and hoping for the text book setup and some good ol' turkey talk.. I currently carry the M&P .40c and have found it to be a very comfortable and accurate tool holstered in a DeSantis quick draw holster..

Cheers!
pirateguy191

Re: Columbus fella new to the site

Post by pirateguy191 »

Welcome to the forums.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Welcome!
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

..Welcome to OFCC...

..How is the area around German Village ? Use to go there quite a lot when I was down in Columbus...Been quite a few years since I have been there....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Great first post! I'm not much of a hunter and know very little about turkey outside of that big meal we eat every year. But I do have a buddy who, in the middle of the night pulled out a HELLISH loud turkey call and gobbled it as loudly as it would go, waking his wife from a sound sleep in the middle of the night -- a story we often tell whenever we are all together. :twisted: :P

Welcome.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
PURPLEBOWYER

Post by PURPLEBOWYER »

Greetings to you Bjammin I too am pretty passtionate about my turkey hunting it has even managed to put my 1st love (no not my redheaded wife) but deer hunting in the back seat,somethin bout a big gobbler screamin his head off when hes right on top of you,you know what i mean!Anyway welcome!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Welcome!
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Bjammin

Post by Bjammin »

Thanks for the warm welcome.. As for the german village area, well I am a couple blocks from Parsons and lets just say that there is noticably alot more rift-raft and trouble makers now than when I first moved here.. I have replaced my drivers side window on my truck that I park in the alley after some lowlife wanted in for nothing, and have had my fair share of pan handlers come directly to my door asking for handouts.. I ocassionally give them can foods and they give me bad looks and I usually find the bag of food around the corner abandoned.. Oh well,.. Our lease is up in August and we are looking to move a little out of the city..

Cheers!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Bjammin wrote: well I am a couple blocks from Parsons and lets just say that there is noticably alot more rift-raft and trouble makers now than when I first moved here..
I used to live near there (many years ago). It wasn't all that nice a neighborhood even then... :|

Welcome to our forums.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.