Newb in Trumbull County

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sw38

Newb in Trumbull County

Post by sw38 »

Hi all, I have been reading and learning from this wonderful site for about a month now. I have been around guns and owned a couple for a few years and became liscensed to carry last month. I took my class in Wadsworth from a gentleman who took my weekend hobby and changed my position on owning a weapon, and made me want to be a more informed, responsible gun owner (not that I wasn't before, just that he showed me the responsibility involved with CC when I was mostly worried about trips to the range and not having a trunk in my truck)-- thus seeking out this site and reading opinions and ORC and the like diligently. Thanks to all who have been here with your information for those of us just coming in-- Hope I can be a useful contributor to the forum!
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Newb in Trumbull County

Post by Jake »

Welcome aboard!
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Very cool. What kinda stuff do you carry and shoot? I'm mostly a handgun guy and a handloader. Everything else is secondary.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
sw38

Post by sw38 »

I carry a bodyguard 38 I bought last month, I like to shoot my 22's mostly-- I am currently shopping for a compact auto for carry-- I own a marlin 22 rifle, a s&w 22a with a red dot scope and a highpoint 9mm. small start I guess, but I just enjoy target shooting and the 22's fill the bill fine. I wouldn't trust myself reloading and commend everyoen who does!
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

Welcome to the forum.
I am an old Trumbull County boy, myself. :D
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Depending on where in Trumbull you're at, your 22a will be right at home at The Salem Hunting Club's Pistol League.
That's the same set up I use. We shoot 25yds at NRA slow fire targets.

It's a lot of fun plus a great group of guys.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jose45

Post by jose45 »

Welcome from a neighor in Geauga.Where do you shoot? The Grand River ODNR range should be open now east of Farminton.Been waiting for a break in the weather.Don't look like it's gonna happen soon tho.Pouring down rain today,calling for 10" snow tomorrow.NE Ohio,gotta love it. 8)
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

jose45 wrote:Welcome from a neighor in Geauga.Where do you shoot? The Grand River ODNR range should be open now east of Farminton.Been waiting for a break in the weather.Don't look like it's gonna happen soon tho.Pouring down rain today,calling for 10" snow tomorrow.NE Ohio,gotta love it. 8)

I thought they didnt open back up until April? I must call them. :D I love that place
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
jose45

Post by jose45 »

45Automatic wrote:
jose45 wrote:Welcome from a neighor in Geauga.Where do you shoot? The Grand River ODNR range should be open now east of Farminton.Been waiting for a break in the weather.Don't look like it's gonna happen soon tho.Pouring down rain today,calling for 10" snow tomorrow.NE Ohio,gotta love it. 8)

I thought they didnt open back up until April? I must call them. :D I love that place
Closed Jan-Feb unless they changed it.Closed Mon-Tues also.Opens at 9am.Here's the last # I have for em if you want to check.330-889-3524
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
jbutler

Post by jbutler »

Welcome!
"Criminals should consider the possibility of being shot an occupational hazard." -unknown

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln
HILLTOP

Post by HILLTOP »

Welcome I am in TUmbull co. too!
Steve
HILLTOPFIREARMS.COM
kb8ywy

Post by kb8ywy »

Welcome to the group I am also from Trumbull Co. in fact still here in Champion. glad to have you around. I see you are a food person do you serve gluten free? Allen/KB8YWY
OFCC member
Patron Life Member NRA
Patron Site Supporter
sw38

Post by sw38 »

Thanks everyone-- go to know there's some local folks, I live in howland, but work in youngstown.... its a jungle out there.. lol-- as far as gluten free, tough to say-- I know how serious that allergy is, my sister has a gluten allergy and I'd be hard pressed to put your life in my cooks hands saying we didn't cross contaminate in any way.