Another New Guy

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

hondaruss

Another New Guy

Post by hondaruss »

Hello, I have been a long time lurker of the board and decided to join. I have spent alot of time in many sections of the forum reading there is alot of info here that a guy can learn from. I have had my license for over 2 years now and only had a couple close calls. I do belive now a days you cant walk out to get the mail with out having some sort of protection. People are getting more and more greedy and violent in trying to make it in the rough place we call life. Its a shame i remember leaving the doors unlocked and all my friends running in and out of the house all the time. Those times have changed to worry if someone is going to come in to your house that is not suppose to be there and things get ugly. I never thought i would have to resort to arming my self to leave the house to go to the gas station to get gas in fear of being robbed to someone high on drugs coming in getting what they want and killing people inside. Either way in order to survive you must adapt to your surroundings and thats what i did :)

I hope to be contribute to the board in some way shape or form :)
BigV

Re: Another New Guy

Post by BigV »

Welcome hondaruss!
BigV
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Welcome to our forums. :D
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Welcome and if you see fit, add your location to your profile.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Welcome!
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Hello Russ... I've got three Hondas myself. Two of them are motorcycles.

Welcome.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
hondaruss

Post by hondaruss »

Sevens wrote:Hello Russ... I've got three Hondas myself. Two of them are motorcycles.

Welcome.
Sounds like a mirror of my self. I have had 4-5 honda bikes and plenty of honda's to drive. hard to steer clear from no adays with gas prices.
PURPLEBOWYER

Post by PURPLEBOWYER »

Greetings Russ!Yep just bought a crv myself,and you are right Russ these are desperate times for alot of folks.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Welcome!
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
NordicRX8

Post by NordicRX8 »

hondaruss wrote:Hello, I have been a long time lurker of the board and decided to join. I have spent alot of time in many sections of the forum reading there is alot of info here that a guy can learn from. I have had my license for over 2 years now and only had a couple close calls. I do belive now a days you cant walk out to get the mail with out having some sort of protection. People are getting more and more greedy and violent in trying to make it in the rough place we call life. Its a shame i remember leaving the doors unlocked and all my friends running in and out of the house all the time. Those times have changed to worry if someone is going to come in to your house that is not suppose to be there and things get ugly. I never thought i would have to resort to arming my self to leave the house to go to the gas station to get gas in fear of being robbed to someone high on drugs coming in getting what they want and killing people inside. Either way in order to survive you must adapt to your surroundings and thats what i did :)

I hope to be contribute to the board in some way shape or form :)
Welcome another Lima Bean! :lol:

Since I got my CHL, I don't bother to take my gun off my hip until bed time. When I first moved to OH (+Lima), our home was was busy with visitors and kids and we too left our doors unlocked. Those days are now just decade old memories. Seems most folks I know that live out in the less congested areas don't leave their houses unlocked anymore either.

Enjoy your time here. This place is a great resource and sometime a fun time killer. :twisted:
Suppose the Second amendment said "A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed." Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? – Robert Levy

A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys... - Charlton Heston