New Guy in Cleveland..

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Pagemaster

New Guy in Cleveland..

Post by Pagemaster »

Iv'e been a longtime lurker here.. Just signed up the other day.. I have had my CHL for about 2 years now.
Before that I spent 4 years in Alaska as a fishing guide. When I came back Cleveland i felt kinda naked not having a side arm (.454 casull)
I since traded down to something more manageable. I am a strong "believer" in strict CCW laws as long as they are fair to the law abiding citizen.
I also strongly believe that anyone with a "questionable" background whether it be a drug or violence charge. Should not be allowed to obtain a CHL
in this state. I know that won't make too many friends around here, But it was once my job to defend myself and others from harm whether it was from an animal or criminal, And that person should be as level headed as possible and well trained. The sories i could tell..

Anywho..
See you on the boards!

Dave

Pagemaster
ATGglobal
Location: Located somewhere in NEO near the border of PA and WV.

Re: New Guy in Cleveland..

Post by ATGglobal »

Welcome. There are several people on the boards here who's job it is to protect themselves and others from harm. Hang around and look forward to hearing from you.
WARNING! This user at times may inadvertently be in violation of TOS

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

Oh great, Just what we need another guy in Cleveland with a gun!

J/K... Welcome to the group. :wink:
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
Mindbender14

Post by Mindbender14 »

Welcome to the board Dave!
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

WELCOME!!!

That .454 would probably work just fine in Cleveland...
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Welcome!

Long time ago, I used to work at St. Vincent Charity Hospital, and at University Hospitals. I'd have loved to carry at Charity, in particular. What a neighborhood. My friend heard gunshots close by once when she got to work, and was headed into the building. Security guards were ducking behind cars.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Pagemaster,

Welcome to the forum..Always room for one more.. Please feel free to share your experiences with us all as exchanging info is how we all learn ..
After all it's a process that never ends..and changes often..

Best regards,

Glenn
Guns have only two enemies, rust & LIBERALS

U.S.Army Veteran, NRA Life, OFCC, Buckeye Firearms.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
************NOBAMA ***************
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Pagemaster wrote:I am a strong "believer" in strict CCW laws as long as they are fair to the law abiding citizen.
Some of us strongly believe that there is no such thing as a "strict CCW law" that is "fair to the law-abiding citizen." :)

Perhaps we'll help you see the light...
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

..Welcome to OFCC.....I hope you feel right at home..

One thing I would like to mention though. There is this guy named Morne on this forum that will try to talk you into buying a revolver. Don't listen to him, he is very knowledgeable about everything else....except semi-auto's... :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
jose45

Post by jose45 »

Welcome Sir from a neighbor in Geauga Cty. I wouldn't retire that .454 just yet.Lotsa dangerous critters in Cuyahoga also.I am kinda surprised at you're feelings regarding strict CCW laws after moving from Alaska.Looking forward to hearing some tales of derring do in the great white north. :D

BTW,our winters here should make you feel right at home.
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

Welcome to OFCC!!! Plenty of Cuyahogans here, surprising how many pro-2A folks are in Anti Cleveland area.
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Welcome - from a fellow newcomer to this community. :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Pagemaster

Post by Pagemaster »

Thanks for the welcome..Everyone!!
I wouldn't retire that .454 just yet.Lotsa dangerous critters in Cuyahoga also.I am kinda surprised at you're feelings regarding strict CCW laws after moving from Alaska.Looking forward to hearing some tales of derring do in the great white north.

BTW,our winters here should make you feel right at home.
Retire my .454 workhorse? NEVER :D ... It is like my security blanket. Kinda hard to conceal it here in Ohio. (i'm a skinny guy and have a hard time concealing a SR9C)

I am for strict carry laws because while in Alaska anyone could OC and CCW and many of thoes people, well let's just say.. alcohol & drugs
are issues up there. It was normal to see people OC with .44 super redhawk's .454's and .357's and quite a few .500's. The one's with smaller calibers
are the one's you kept a close eye on. It's the complete opposite here.

Winters!! Bring it on!! Cleveland gets alot of Rain/Ice, I'm still getting used to that.. I miss putting the truck away for the winter and bringing out
the snowmobile as the only source of getting around.

I am looking to buy a farm out in Portage county.. I need space!!

Enjoy

Pagemaster
akarAL

Post by akarAL »

Welcome Pagemaster from another local as well. Lots of good info and people here.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome Pagemaster, and also the other new names in the crowd. Good to see that OFCC is increasing the numbers in the Cleveland area! Lots of good people and information here!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852