NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

kramerica

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Post by kramerica »

Hey all,
I was lurking here for a long time and finally joined a few weeks ago. I'm 22, live near downtown Columbus, and work as a flight instructor. I've had my CHL since December '08. I was thinking about purchasing a firearm and getting my CHL for a while before someone decided to break into my home at night while I was here. Perp was scared away by my girlfriend getting up to go to the bathroom. I purchased a pistol shortly thereafter and did the whole CHL thing. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the wealth of information here that has helped with any questions I have had about carrying, methods of concealment, banned carry areas, etc.
Glock 19

Carry the Flag!
seeley booth

Post by seeley booth »

hello i'm Gary.. i live in colerain as you can tell by my user name i like booth
i watch repetes and new episodes i like fishing,hunting
Special Agent Seeley Booth: You're dead Corporal. I felt your heart stop.
Teddy Parker: No use crying over spilt milk, Sarge.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

seeley booth wrote:hello i'm Gary.. i live in colerain as you can tell by my user name i like booth
i watch repetes and new episodes i like fishing,hunting
Booth is cool but I like Bones better.
Welcome.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
seeley booth

Post by seeley booth »

thanks cruiser.. i like her too i hope they get together
Special Agent Seeley Booth: You're dead Corporal. I felt your heart stop.
Teddy Parker: No use crying over spilt milk, Sarge.
ShadowK

Post by ShadowK »

Hello, my name is Kate. I just made a post asking about ranges near Bowling Green, but I thought I should pop in and introduce myself here too. I'm and avid shooter and recently moved from a non-ccw state, so its nice to be able to carry again. Thanks for the great site! It's been a help in learning some of the intricacies of the Ohio law.
NRA Certified Instructor - Home Firearm Safety . Basic Pistol . Personal Protection In The Home . Personal Protection Outside The Home . Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Life/Patron Member
The German

Post by The German »

Hi all,
Found this site when googling for more information around CCW in Ohio. Thanks for running this forum with all the great information!
I moved here in 2001 from Germany, have been shooting (competitive) for many years when I was 18 and then did not spend time on that hobby too much (gun laws in Germany are not fun and make owning a gun more of a hassle that it's worth...). However, since 2001 my collection is growing again and I go to the range "whenever" I got time, which typically ends up being once or twice a month. As one of my rifles is a Marlin 1895 in 45/70, ammunition became a bit expensive with over $1/round so I got into reloading in 2002 and have been making my own ammo since then...

Tom

Oh - I'm carrying a Springfield 1911 in .45 - the Colt Anaconda in .44 Mag is simply too heavy :roll:
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

FNG here. Shooting for 20 years, carrying since Sept '08. I've been lurking here for about a year.
IMO, anyone with an Ohio CHL should be ISSUED this url and told to read, read, read. That's what I've been doing, anyhow.

In shooting, my interests are mostly handguns, 15 to 25 yards. Also do just a bit in rifle and Contender (Super 14 .223) at 100 yards. Back in the day I did a bunch of skeet shooting and would like to get back in to it one day, but not all too likely right now. I reload, and I probably get more entertainment and joy in the man cave at the load bench then I do when I'm actually shooting. A bit bummed that I didn't spot the group primer buy a few months back.... grrrr. Most of my online gun time is spent at TFL forums, usually in the H&R forum.

Outside of shooting, I'm an avid motorcyclist.

To quote Richard Jeni (RIP), "Hello! Welcome to me!"
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
jnor

Post by jnor »

I've been lurking for a while also. I am an avid motorcyclist. I have a Yamaha FJR 1300, my wife has a Kawasaki Versys. My wife shoots also. I have an Ohio CHL, I've owned/shot, guns most of my life (I'm in my 50's).NRA member. I've drag raced the biggest part of my life, but can't afford it now (maybe I'll win the lottery). I work as a mechanic.......
matthollycart

Post by matthollycart »

I didn't notice this thread until just now. I've been on here a few months now. My name is Matthew and live in Akron, OH. Have 5 children (ages 6 and under) whom my wife and I home school. We believe in the principles of Christianity, namely like men of old Robert E Lee and StoneWall Jackson. We believe in home birth, natural foods, and most of all, freedom. We do not want someone to tell us how we should raise our children, or who we should hire in our business, or who we have to do business with. Government is to protect our God-given rights.

I look forward to working with all of you to promote liberty and if need be, fight for it. I do not believe in sitting here waiting for things to get worse and worse. God bless you all.
“Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.” William Penn
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Howdy,

I am Joe. I have been lurking for a couple years here and decided to make an account so that I can put my 2 cents in from time to time.

If you see me online feel free to give me a nudge. I expect that now that I have an account I may pester you all a bit more.
Last edited by ProfX on Wed May 13, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dclaarjr

Post by dclaarjr »

Welcome! Joe.

The more the merrier.
NRA Certified Instructor for Basic Handgun and Personal Protection.
OFCC Member
4 County Conservation Club Member
US Army Veteran
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

ProfX wrote:Howdy,

I am Joe. I have been lurking for a couple years here and decided to make an account so that I can put my 2 cents in from time to time.

If you see me online feel free to give me a nudge. I expect that now that I have an account I may pester you all a bit more.
Hey, Joe - is that TinTin in your sights (in your avatar)?

--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Actually it is from a Series of games called Fallout. Specifically FalloutBoy or Pip-Boy. As a child of the cold-war I as many before me were promised that we would soon live in a land of road warriors and mutant biker gangs. As usual these promises of life after the bomb never panned out. So now we have video games.

No offense meant by the avatar. Just the way I feel some days.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

ProfX wrote:No offense meant by the avatar.
None taken!
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
dycab

Post by dycab »

Thanks for having this site! I've had my "permission" since '08 - although I carried concealed while driving a cab for years in the '80's and '90's - without having a "permit" (but always hoped for the "prudent man" and a real good attorney to carry me through if I ever needed it.) I've lurked a few times over the years, decided to sign up!
My Second protects your First.

NRA Member

Chipmunk Rifle
Marlin 25N
Numerous BB Guns
Davis P-32
2nd Amendment Anthem: Royal Wade Kimes "In My Land"