NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Pete379

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Post by Pete379 »

Hello, I discovered the forum a few months back as a lurker. I had a CHL in Connecticut for 5 years. I carried all the time in CT and have experience with concealed carry in a variety of situations. Decided to join a month ago about the same time I got my CHL here in OH. (been in Ohio for awhile now) I grew up around guns and have been shooting/hunting since I can remember. I am very pro2A and I like the forum since it keeps informed about what is going on around Ohio regarding concealed carry encounters, applications, CPZ's, etc. My carry weapons are a Glock 19, Glock 21, and Colt Agent. The combination of weapons I carry is determined on my destination, weather, and wardrobe but there is always at least one with me.
One last thing....be careful what you shoot at...most things in here do not react well to bullets.
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

Welcome Pete379.
jmelvin

Post by jmelvin »

Howdy all! I am a native Buckeye raised in the Columbus area (Grove City) and a graduate of the University of Toledo. The majority of my life was spent in the Buckeye state, prior to my departure to Arizona in 2005 and from there to Virginia in 2007. I am currently a resident of Virginia, although I do head back to the home state every few months or so to visit family and friends. I was raised learning the responsible use and handling of firearms, however didn't really shoot too much until I was an adult and didn't carry until I moved to Arizona where unlicensed open carry was as normal as mom's apple pie.

I've now been carrying (open and concealed) for about 4 years now, mostly hassle free. I OC practically every day since OC is required for dining in places that serve alcohol in Virginia. I look forward to the day that I can come back to my home state and carry my firearm when I dine out in many places like I can in other states. I hope to do my part to ensure Ohio firearm laws get better and fewer, even though I am removed by a few hundred miles. Look forward to chatting with y'all!
Hey there pal, let me sell you on the reliability of these unreliable things we call people!
zombaid

Post by zombaid »

Hey guys,

I've already made a couple of posts in some of the forums, but haven't formally introduced myself yet.

My name is Evan, 23, and I live in Cincinnati. Was gifted my first handgun by my stepfather at 19 - he had a SA 1911GI and wanted to buy a Kimber so obviously he justified it by giving me his old one; been an addiction ever since. I started really adding to my collection when I took my CHL class this past winter, and I imagine it will grow for decades to come! Before taking the class, I sold my first Bersa to a friend whose collection has grown since as well :P so all I had at that point was my 1911 and my SKS... Obviously (see signature) my collection has started growing faster in the last 5 months haha.

I finally ordered an MTAC for my Bersa - should be here by Wednesday - but until then, my CC is the Kel-Tec. At some point, maybe this summer even, I'm probably going to buy a Glock (.40S&W or .45ACP) and start carrying that for a little more stopping power than the Kel-Tec or Bersa (both .380ACP).

I've noticed these forums are a lot different from some of the other forums on the internet - everyone here seems to get along pretty well and no one seems to throw their ego into the mix. I plan on keeping that tradition alive :D .

Happy to be a new member!
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Welcome zombaid ! Yer on the right track, a bigger bullet for the bigger predators.
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Good sized bunch of new members recently :shock:

Welcome to the forums, take the time to cruise around a bit, we'll be looking forward to your presence here :wink:
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I've noticed these forums are a lot different from some of the other forums on the internet - everyone here seems to get along pretty well and no one seems to throw their ego into the mix. I plan on keeping that tradition alive :D .
Oh, give it time and you'll see a little fireworks/ego to satisfy your blood lust. :twisted:

Welcome.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
usmale

Post by usmale »

Hello, My name is Steve,50 years old, live in Warren County, took my CHL course at Little Miami Tactical, proud father of 2 girls, was in Law Enforcement for 10 years, now retired, THIS is a great site and I want to thank all that keeps it going!

Steve
- OFCC member -
-NRA Life Member-
Hamilton County Sheriff's dept Academy class of 1982

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development... It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.-Jeff Cooper
true_pair

Post by true_pair »

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Warren County as well. This is a great site and a lot of useful info here
"The great object is, that every man be armed"

-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788
cabinetman

Post by cabinetman »

Hi all. My name is Brian and I live in South Point. I have been eaves dropping for a couple months now, and finally decided to join. I took my class in Dec. of 08' , applied for my permit in early Jan. 09', and received it about 2 weeks later in Lawrence Co. I don't own very many firearms, but have gotten a good start on the game. I currently own a Glock 27, Springfield XDm 9mm w/chrome slide, a Mossburg 500 12 ga., and a Rock River AR 15 with od green furniture. I have had the Mossburg forever, bought the Glock last July, and the other two since. I mostly carry the Glock, but I have been thinking about buying a Ruger LCP for carry in the summer time (but wouldn't it be cool to be able to OC the AR). I work out of Huntington WV, and remodel kitchens, and bathrooms, which led me to obtain my CCW license. I travel all over WV, KY, and OH (not so much OH) for my work, and own my own van with several thousand dollars worth of tools, and sometimes have to go into "shady" areas of Charleston WV, Huntington WV, and other places that I am not familiar with. I hope I never have to use any of few guns that I own, but if I do, I hope I am ready. I have really enjoyed reading some of the different encounters I have seen here, I have learned several things, and hope I can share in some of the discussions in the future. If not, I will be the guy with one post (this one) just listening in the back ground. Anyway, I guess I will see you around.

Brian
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Welcome Brian.

I like your choice of firearms. That being said, anytime you want to build my wife a new set of kitchen cabinets for a huge discount let me know.

*Darn HGTV network!
:evil:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stealie

Post by Stealie »

Brian and Steve, welcome to the forums. There is plenty of good info to be found here and good people.
We can't stop here... this is bat country.
Μολὼν λαβέ
Res Ipsa Loquitur
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome Brian. Huntington native here, lived in South Point myself for several years after the Army, and have been in the Cleveland area for the past 13 years. I kinda miss the slower pace life down there, but ya gotta go where the work is.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
sigger

Post by sigger »

I'm not sure where to post this question. Sorry if this is misplaced.

I sent a PM to another board member. It is still in my 'Outbox.' Does that mean it didn't send, or just that he hasn't received it yet? If I sent it correctly, I'd expect to see it in the 'Sent' folder. What did I do wrong?
We the people . . . do ordain and establish . . .
Scavok

Post by Scavok »

sigger wrote:I sent a PM to another board member. It is still in my 'Outbox.' Does that mean it didn't send, or just that he hasn't received it yet? If I sent it correctly, I'd expect to see it in the 'Sent' folder. What did I do wrong?
That's because he hasn't read it yet.

When (if) he does, it will disappear from the Outbox, and appear in the Sent messages.

Some members infrequently check-in, or may not notice they have a PM, so be patient.

Sometimes someone will post a message in a thread, "PM sent" or some such in an attempt to get a member's attention.
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...