NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Post by AlanM »

Please do not feed the cuisine-challenged bridge substructure symbionts.

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
markshere2

Post by markshere2 »

Hi Guys n Gals,
Nice little slice of the internet you have here.

I'm a Pennsylvania neighbor - north west corner of the state.
Retired military - reload my own pistol & rifle ammo - cast my own bullets.
Have had my License to Carry Firearms ( PA equivalent of CHL) for about 8 years now.

I like trading and swapping. Those USPS $5.00 flat rate boxes are marvelous.

Regards,
Markshere2
xpd54

Post by xpd54 »

Greetings gents and ladies.

I've been teaching ccw classes for years and have referrred many people to ohioccw.org. Figured I'd join the site and share and learn.

A little about me: father to a beautiful little girl who has stolen her daddy's heart, married to a wonderful lady, 15 years LEO, NRA and OPOTC instructor, 3 gun shooter.

Look forward to being here.
".....in the end we must still slosh our way through the factbound morass of reasonableness."
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia in Scott v. Harris

The views expressed in this post are my own. They have not been reviewed or approved by my employer.

My Blog
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

xpd54 wrote:Greetings gents and ladies.

I've been teaching ccw classes for years and have referrred many people to ohioccw.org. Figured I'd join the site and share and learn.

A little about me: father to a beautiful little girl who has stolen her daddy's heart, married to a wonderful lady, 15 years LEO, NRA and OPOTC instructor, 3 gun shooter.

Look forward to being here.
Welcome aboard. I hope to hear you chime in on some of the LEO threads. It should get interesting.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
nick0

Post by nick0 »

welcome!
I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth
Farmer Tim

Post by Farmer Tim »

Been a lurker here for a bit. I finally joined tonight as a supporter. I figured it was the thing to do. So just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am Tim live on the Clermont/Brown county line down on the Ohio.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Farmer Tim wrote:Been a lurker here for a bit. I finally joined tonight as a supporter. I figured it was the thing to do. So just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am Tim live on the Clermont/Brown county line down on the Ohio.
Welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Matthew13

Post by Matthew13 »

Hello OFCC! My name is Matt, and I have been lurking here for more than a year. I do more reading than typing, however if I can help with something I will certainly try. I finally got around to getting my CCL, and figured I would join up. I am currently a student at Wright State, I am a medic in the Army Reserve, and I work full time at Home Depot (yeah I'm busy). I have gained tons of valuable info from this group, and I hope that I can contribute to the community. Thanks for having me!

-Matt
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Matthew13 wrote:Hello OFCC! My name is Matt, and I have been lurking here for more than a year. I do more reading than typing, however if I can help with something I will certainly try. I finally got around to getting my CCL, and figured I would join up. I am currently a student at Wright State, I am a medic in the Army Reserve, and I work full time at Home Depot (yeah I'm busy). I have gained tons of valuable info from this group, and I hope that I can contribute to the community. Thanks for having me!

-Matt
Welcome, Matt. Sounds like you've got a full plate there. Make sure you stop by from time to time, when you get a minute or two.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

.....Welcome to the Forum soldier..... :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
importluva85

Post by importluva85 »

Hello all!

My name is Dustin, I'm from Uniontown/Hartville area... I've been browsing the forums here for about 6 months while i debating when/where to get my CHL.. I just took my course today. Going Monday to submit my app and all that... After reading the forums I chose to goto Wayne Co as the turn around time is half as long as Starks.

I made the choice of getting a CHL for basic home/family protection, but most of all work (as I have firearms in the house) . I own a car lot in North Canton, and have been put in questionable situations multiple times, and often fine myself with larger than average amounts of money on my person (obviously from cash buyers). Most people are great, kind, and nice people I encounter, But there is always that 10% who are quite shady characters. So after two years, I decided to get the CHL before I become a victim, or a statistic.

I look forward to using the forums, and getting to know some of you...

Thanks,
Dustin
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

importluva85 wrote:Hello all!

My name is Dustin, I'm from Uniontown/Hartville area... I've been browsing the forums here for about 6 months while i debating when/where to get my CHL.. I just took my course today. Going Monday to submit my app and all that... After reading the forums I chose to goto Wayne Co as the turn around time is half as long as Starks.

I made the choice of getting a CHL for basic home/family protection, but most of all work (as I have firearms in the house) . I own a car lot in North Canton, and have been put in questionable situations multiple times, and often fine myself with larger than average amounts of money on my person (obviously from cash buyers). Most people are great, kind, and nice people I encounter, But there is always that 10% who are quite shady characters. So after two years, I decided to get the CHL before I become a victim, or a statistic.

I look forward to using the forums, and getting to know some of you...

Thanks,
Dustin
Hello Dustin, and welcome aboard. Jump in and have a blast. You can learn quite a bit here.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
osuriflegirl

Post by osuriflegirl »

Hi everyone! My name is Gina Cheliras and I am 20. I am currently a member of The Ohio State Varsity Rifle Team. I love everything about being outdoors, shooting, hunting, fishing, 4-wheeling, you name it, I love it. Anyway...I am looking forward to getting my concealed carry in January when I turn 21 and hopefully finding a pink pistol I like! If anyone has any suggestions let me know! :)
A girl with a gun has more fun.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

osuriflegirl wrote:Hi everyone! My name is Gina Cheliras and I am 20. I am currently a member of The Ohio State Varsity Rifle Team. I love everything about being outdoors, shooting, hunting, fishing, 4-wheeling, you name it, I love it. Anyway...I am looking forward to getting my concealed carry in January when I turn 21 and hopefully finding a pink pistol I like! If anyone has any suggestions let me know! :)
Welcome ! Glad to have another varsity rifle team member on the forum. I was a member of a varsity :) rifle team as well ..... U.S. Marine Corps sharpshooter.
Lotsa good info here for your stated interests.
Tever

Post by Tever »

I have been lurking for a few days. I really enjoy the forums and the information. I have spent the last few years recovering from divorce and raising kids by myself and figured it was time to do some things I want to do since they are growing older. I took my CCW class a little over a year ago and finally made my visit the montgomery county sheriff a week and a half ago. I know everybody wants to know what everyone carries. I have a Ruger P89 I bought years ago and recently picked up a CZ82 which will be my carry weapon for starters.

The more I read here, the more I know my concerns about protecting myself and my family are justified. I am looking forward to my first carry.

Thanks in advance to all the members that post here.