Group Buy: Aero Precision Stripped Lowers

Commercial sales are permitted in this forum IF they are products or services directly related to the firearms community and all rules posted within are followed.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

brian0918

Group Buy: Aero Precision Stripped Lowers

Post by brian0918 »

Aero Precision is offering limited time bulk discounts to FFL dealers that order 50+ of their blem lowers (i.e. stripped lowers with "cosmetic blemishes"). From what I have read from other dealers who have ordered these, they do not see any cosmetic defects.

Product link: http://aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-stripp ... ishes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Retail price is $65.

I am gauging interest to see if we can get at least 50 of these ordered. Here is the price breakdown I am looking at going with. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

1+ @ $60 each + tax
5+ @ $55 each + tax

If you want to pickup, I am in Cuyahoga Falls (near Akron).

Shipping cost (to your FFL only) will be whatever Priority Mail Flat Rate Box will fit the number you order.

Small: $5.25
Medium: $11.30
Large: $15.80

If you want any further shipping services (e.g. insurance) that will cost extra.

Payment is cash or check.

Please list in here how many you're interested in (or PM).
brian0918

Re: Group Buy: Aero Precision Stripped Lowers

Post by brian0918 »

So where did I go wrong? No interest? Pricing?
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

If I had the spare cash, I'd be in for 5 or so, but I have no spare cash right now. After I get paid for a side job, I'd love to get a few. Until then...well....not so much.

Interested? Absolutely. Able to afford it? Nope.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
BobK

Post by BobK »

brian0918 wrote:So where did I go wrong? No interest? Pricing?
By the time I pay shipping and inbound FFL, didn't seem like much of a bargain to me. More like a yawn.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

I know Palmetto State had there blems for 49.99 recently. Same thing, couldnt find the blemish when I got mine. There was no minimum purchase required. I just checked and it looks like they are out of stock at the moment, but they get them back in frequently.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

So how much work am I lookIng at to go from a striped lower to a working rifle?
I'm pretty handy with tools, have done some work on 1911s and revolvers.
Mindbender14

Post by Mindbender14 »

tbrew85 wrote:
I know Palmetto State had there blems for 49.99 recently. Same thing, couldnt find the blemish when I got mine. There was no minimum purchase required. I just checked and it looks like they are out of stock at the moment, but they get them back in frequently.
^what he said. That was my reasoning.

As a side note remember when people were buying these things for $200-$300 dollars last January?
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

Whirlwind06 wrote:So how much work am I lookIng at to go from a striped lower to a working rifle?
Youtube is replete with how to videos. Its not hard at all to build an AR. The hardest part is choosing what you want.

Brownells also has some very good video tutorials on the subject.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

BobK wrote:
By the time I pay shipping and inbound FFL, didn't seem like much of a bargain to me. More like a yawn.
That's the thing for me. I can walk into a local gun store and get a non-blemished stripped lower for $90 right now and have it in my hands in less than 10 minutes. So at $65 + $25 transfer and then probably $10-15 shipping, I'm over what a standard price is.

If you were buying and then doing in hand transfers for $60. I'd be game (if I lived closer.)
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
brian0918

Post by brian0918 »

Thanks! Great feedback. I agree, the shipping and transfer fee make it not worthwhile, and I'm probably not going to get enough local interest for 50.

Luckily I found other dealers who are going in on their own group buy, so I should be able to snag some that way.
true_pair

Post by true_pair »

Whirlwind06 wrote:So how much work am I lookIng at to go from a striped lower to a working rifle?
I bought a complete upper. Assembled my lower in about hour and half (my first time doing this). Pinned the upper on the lower and good to go. Not hard at all
"The great object is, that every man be armed"

-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788
4pocalypse

Post by 4pocalypse »

It's actually very easy to build a stripped lower. The only specialized tool needed is a castle nut wrench. Assembling a lower would be cake if you've worked on 1911's as nothing requires fitting.

Building an upper does require a few tools like a bench vise, torque wrench, barrel nut wrench, and an upper clamp of some sort. Most people buy uppers already assembled unless you plan on doing few.
Fail to plan, plan to fail