Magpul MOE Kits

Commercial sales are permitted in this forum IF they are products or services directly related to the firearms community and all rules posted within are followed.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Magpul MOE Kits

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

I love Magpuls "thing that goes up'". For 1000 round bursts and 1000 yd 1" groups it just can't be beat. :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

@ OhioPaints for :arrow:
OhioPaints wrote:You guys talking geek? :shock: Translation?
...I'll use PGWP's posts to explain, as he posted a lot of good material here. :)
pleasantguywhopacks wrote: ASP is really good as a single point but in the wrong spot if you combine it with the MS2 or MS3 slings. I leave mine in two point with a QD in the CTR and the front in a QD in my quad. If I have to go single point its two manipulations of the sling to the ASP.
^ The AS[A]P is the (A)mbidextrous (S)ling (A)ttachment (P)oint, which replaces the standard AR stock receiver end plate and allows more freedom/rotation at that attachment point - a free-swiveling quick-detach point, if you will.

The MS2 and MS3 are Magpul's slings. The MS3 recently supplanted the MS2.

These items are found here:

http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/51" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"QD" is short for (Q)uick (D)etach, which is a term used to describe various methods/mechanics that allows a sling to quickly attach/detach from their mounting point(s) on the gun. There's a lot of different types out there, and some are definitely much better than others.
pleasantguywhopacks wrote: CTR even better, locking.
^ The CTR is one of a few different stocks that Magpul produces for the AR platform:

http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The UBR, for example, one of the ones in the first link, is a heavy one, but has been noted to be one of the strongest collapsible AR stocks on the market today.

Overall, the ASAP, AFG (as shown and explained by DDtXD40m), the various stocks, and the MS-series slings all work decently well enough (with perhaps of varying reports on the durability of the MS2 slings: the MS3 is still too new to have really been put through its paces by lots of end-users), but a lot of just how "well" these things work really depends on the subjective preferences (and this is a bit of egg-or-the-chicken kind of debate: the varying techniques used) of the individual end-user.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

MS-series slings all work decently well enough (with perhaps of varying reports on the durability of the MS2 slings: the MS3 is still too new to have really been put through its paces by lots of end-users), but a lot of just how "well" these things work really depends on the subjective preferences (and this is a bit of egg-or-the-chicken kind of debate: the varying techniques used) of the individual end-user.
MS3 is light years better than the MS2 which has slicker nylon which frayed and had to be singed with a bic lighter constantly. It was also too narrow hand hurt your shoulder when carrying slung all day. It did adjust slightly easier being slick but not enough to offset its downfalls. MS2 had a gimmicky break away latch that just sucked and was pretty much useless. MS3 so far for me has been a 9 outa 10. I would call the MS2 a 6 outa 10.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Cool, thanks for that info! :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
revred

Post by revred »

Can you get the MOE Forend and the SGA stock for the 870? For Christmas, my wife got me the project 870 I've been telling her for the last 5 years that I wanted. Now begins the Wish List research. :mrgreen:
dan dan the XD40 man wrote:I can still get just about all of the magpul parts, except the mags :)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free, because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything that I do." Professor Bernardo de La Paz in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

"What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"
"The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world."
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

revred wrote:Can you get the MOE Forend and the SGA stock for the 870? For Christmas, my wife got me the project 870 I've been telling her for the last 5 years that I wanted. Now begins the Wish List research. :mrgreen:
dan dan the XD40 man wrote:I can still get just about all of the magpul parts, except the mags :)
Absolutley. Let me know when youre ready and I will shoot you a price.
Poop!
mpengineer

Post by mpengineer »

Is this shipping included? Also with the recent need for ar items what is the back order log if any? Would also like to know about different prices of different stocks? Pm inbound to much info and questions
SylCarry87

Post by SylCarry87 »

I'm starting a new job making more money so I'll likely be contacting you about this soon. Though I may pick and choose some parts. I already have a MOE grip and want a free float hand guard. Too bad about the pmag craze going on. I need a few more of those. My local shop was CLEANED out of everything AR related
Man has made tools for himself since he had the awareness to do so.
Every tool has its purpose but ultimately it is the wielder who determines its use.
A firearm is the same.

Guns are always loaded. Always
farrelljt

Post by farrelljt »

I was wondering if you could still get UBR stocks. And if so, what the price is (Buckeye Resident).

Thanks
747tech

Post by 747tech »

OhioPaints wrote:Thanks :)

I guess I need to find a catalog of AR-15 add on parts. Or stay dumb and happy with what I have and keep my money! :mrgreen:
Email Magpul and Bravo Company and they will ship out catalogs.
Former Navy and ANG
CCW holder/Instructor
NRA Basic pistol instructor
Range Safety Officer
Personal Protection inside and outside the home instructor
Advanced pistol instructor
Defensive pistol instructor