Bullet Bunkers

Commercial sales are permitted in this forum IF they are products or services directly related to the firearms community and all rules posted within are followed.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docpadds

Bullet Bunkers

Post by docpadds »

We are proud to introduce the Bullet Bunker line of products in our shop.

We brought in the 44LS model to the shop for people to see the quality of the build.

24” x 16” x 12”
Stops Pistol rounds from 22LR to 44 Mag
Weight 250Lbs
100% American Made
$599

How does it work?
Utilizing an engineering principle known as in-elastic collision, Bullet Bunker not only stops projectiles, but also traps their by-products from entering into the air and ground. 
The Bullet Bunker bullet trap, consists of a specially designed face of rubber with layers of ballistic fabric laminated within the rubber. The ballistic fabric is a polyester-nylon blend that is similar to product used in bullet-proof vests. Behind this sheet is a specifically engineered ballistic medium. The medium is loaded into a steel box behind the face. Bullets begin deceleration by going through the face of the Bullet Bunker, then hit all of the pieces of medium in the box at different angles, stopping it quickly. 
Bullet Bunker’s face is self-sealing. Thousands of rounds have been shot through our test units and there is still not a visible hole. If / when the face should show signs of wear it can be replaced in about 15 minutes.
To clean the bullets out of the Bullet Bunker, simply remove a few bolts and open the front face. It's that easy!

Models are available from 22LR rated all the way up to 50BMG etc... Call us for more info or stop by and see the bunker!

https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Bullet Bunkers

Post by TunnelRat »

So, using this device we can shoot in the comfort of our own homes...?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

I wonder what my wife's going to say, if I started soundproofing a section of the basement.......

That's pretty cool! 8)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
docpadds

Post by docpadds »

The model up from this one was designed mostly for basement/home shooting. Obviously it doesnt address the ventilation etc but yes, this box absorbs up to 44mag, the bigger ones go higher... Though cost may seem a little high, its a one off cost. Every 8000-10000 rounds you need a new front panel which is $30 for this one....
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Also a really cool way to get ALL of your lead back! :twisted:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
tomfolery

Post by tomfolery »

Innnntttteeeerrreeesssting
"One is none, two is one, and three is just a good time"
3 Guy Supply, 01 FFL, NRA Certified firearms instructors. Ask me about CCW classes.
Firearm refinishing services available.
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

Sevens wrote:Also a really cool way to get ALL of your lead back! :twisted:
So, what do you think the break even point would be based solely on lead recovery in terms of the number of rounds fired if we assume $1 per pound of lead, 200 gr cast boolits and changing the front plate every 10K rounds?

I've already done some back of the envelope calculations, but wanted to see what others come up with...
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I've come up with:
I don't cast... and probably won't be any time REALLY soon.
I don't live somewhere it's legal for me to shoot at my residence... yet.
I have no idea how to deal with the air quality issues.

I'm just happy such a product exists, but I'm not in the market for it. But never say never... this is yet another seed that is planted in my head.

I've got lots of stuff growing up there! :twisted:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
BobK

Post by BobK »

kb8dnr wrote:So, what do you think the break even point would be based solely on lead recovery in terms of the number of rounds fired if we assume $1 per pound of lead, 200 gr cast boolits and changing the front plate every 10K rounds?
23,065 bullets to break even. Requires 2 additional panels, for $659 total cost.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

BobK wrote:
kb8dnr wrote:So, what do you think the break even point would be based solely on lead recovery in terms of the number of rounds fired if we assume $1 per pound of lead, 200 gr cast boolits and changing the front plate every 10K rounds?
23,065 bullets to break even. Requires 2 additional panels, for $659 total cost.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner :-)
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

I melted down enough lead ignots to get a fair amount over 10K boolits over the weekend. I would love to have something like this for everybody to shoot into.

Collect my lead - and theirs!
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
FlyinCedar

Post by FlyinCedar »

Hope this works.... Here is the latest video of the bunker in action...

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/cfs- ... f75be288b7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also in the store, is a scrap piece of a bunker face, that we contact shot with our soon to be released custom 6.8 rifle. Stop in and check it out!
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

This is rather neat. Anyone know what the legalities of this is for city living? I assume that's a no-go since it would be discharging inside city limits.

Still, this could be used to clear weapons as an alternative to a sand bucket for those who live in a crowded area like an apartment where there isn't a "Safe" direction to clear your weapon when unloading.
FlyinCedar

Post by FlyinCedar »

They actually make a purpose made clearing box in addition to the Bunker
Worry Free

Post by Worry Free »

As a fellow "manufacturer" let me add support to Bullet-Bunker. Good folks - good product.
"Trust But Verify"