WTS Refinishing services

Commercial sales are permitted in this forum IF they are products or services directly related to the firearms community and all rules posted within are followed.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BobK

Re: WTS Refinishing services

Post by BobK »

Well, those photos pretty squash any further business on this forum. Shockingly poor spray technique.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
tomfolery

Post by tomfolery »

This has been one of the most difficult projects/customers I have dealt with...The first time I am not sure how the "thin coat" got out, to which I fully accepted and corrected. After being sent back he tells me he needs it back to him at the end of the week, to which I conveyed the Duracoat cure time (2-4 weeks). He suggested other "alternative" ways in speeding up the cure time, one of which was to bake the plastic. In closing, had he waited the entire cure time I told him I would fully take responsibility for the "chip" in the paint, but I can't be certain it's an error on my part when he disregarded the instructions.

After reading some other threads and comments, it seems like he's just a pain to deal with all around. I have plenty of good references (this instance is the only "negative", so i'm not worried about one person who is impossible to please).
"One is none, two is one, and three is just a good time"
3 Guy Supply, 01 FFL, NRA Certified firearms instructors. Ask me about CCW classes.
Firearm refinishing services available.
yoko

Post by yoko »

duracoat will chip and scratch for like a month till it hardens

im an automotive painter by trade and duracoat my own stuff, thats just how it works.... once cured its super tuff
" The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable"
- Sun Tzu
tomfolery

Post by tomfolery »

yoko wrote:duracoat will chip and scratch for like a month till it hardens

im an automotive painter by trade and duracoat my own stuff, thats just how it works.... once cured its super tuff

THANK YOU!!!
"One is none, two is one, and three is just a good time"
3 Guy Supply, 01 FFL, NRA Certified firearms instructors. Ask me about CCW classes.
Firearm refinishing services available.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Locked per request by OP.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;