Need some advice...Rifle information

Commercial sales are permitted in this forum IF they are products or services directly related to the firearms community and all rules posted within are followed.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

khufford

Need some advice...Rifle information

Post by khufford »

I don't know diddly about rifles, but I am doing this big Mossberg package where you buy 30 guns and get 5 free (two of them are crappy .22 rifles, bleh) and I am doing mostly home defense shotguns, 50577, 50588, some 930SPX's and 590's, etc... As part of the package I have to buy 3 bolt-action rifles (4x4/100ATR/Night Train) and 2 464 lever action rifles. I'm trying to figure out what will sell well because I don't usually deal in rifles (although eventually I am going to make that plunge and start carrying some AR's and stuff). Anyone have any suggestions on what I should grab? Better yet, is anyone looking for a good deal on one of these? I could probably get it for you close to normal dealer cost since I would be taking in consideration the free guns I am getting and the fact that I want to move them fast...

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome...

{title edited for clarity-sabalo}
Some random nobody...
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Need some advice...Rifle information

Post by Morne »

I guess I would recommend .308 for the bolt guns and .22 for the levers.

Shame you can't get Rossi lever action rifles as part of the package. I'd make it VERY EASY for you to move one of those...
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
khufford

Post by khufford »

Morne wrote:I guess I would recommend .308 for the bolt guns and .22 for the levers.

Shame you can't get Rossi lever action rifles as part of the package. I'd make it VERY EASY for you to move one of those...
In the bolt action ones they have a .30-06 and a .270... The levers have to be the 464's they are all .30-30's.
Some random nobody...
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

As far as the 100 ATR Night Train is concerned, I'd get model #27202. It has the scope and bipod, but doesn't have the strange camo finish.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

jabeatty wrote:As far as the 100 ATR Night Train is concerned, I'd get model #27202. It has the scope and bipod, but doesn't have the strange camo finish.
It might be easier to move the camo ones if you could use them in Ohio to, oh, I dunno...HUNT. :roll:

The mossy green is actually a decent pattern (I have it on my Mossberg 535). The digital green is just weird, though. And completely useless...kinda like the Army's new ACU's.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Gaspode

Post by Gaspode »

khufford wrote:
Morne wrote:I guess I would recommend .308 for the bolt guns and .22 for the levers.

In the bolt action ones they have a .30-06 and a .270... The levers have to be the 464's they are all .30-30's.
Those 464's are nice. And if you can get a decent price on them, I know I'll want one for sure. Lever actions seem to be becoming popular again. I've wanted a 30/30 for awhile but haven't found a decent used one I couldn't justify paying an almost new price for.
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I have heard some very not good things about the 4x4 bolt action rifles. Poorly made, feel and look cheap and many of the early ones had serious bolt problems that led to some catastrophic failures. I'm sure they've revised whatever wasn't working... but when I looked in to them about 6 months ago, I learned enough to scare me away from them.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
khufford

Post by khufford »

I got 2 of the .270 bolt action and 4 .30-06. I got 2 different models of the lever action ones but can't remember which ones, will need to look again. I bought 2 30 gun packages, so I will have a ton of shotguns soon, all home defense style stuff.
Some random nobody...
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Do you have any 930 Semi autos??
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
herp_man2003

Post by herp_man2003 »

How about some of the new ar style 22's that mossberg has out?
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

This has gone from a thread asking for information to a discussion of sales of merchandise, thus it became a commercial sale thread and as such will be moved to the appropriate section.
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
khufford

Post by khufford »

sabalo wrote:This has gone from a thread asking for information to a discussion of sales of merchandise, thus it became a commercial sale thread and as such will be moved to the appropriate section.
You can go ahead and lock and/or delete it... I didn't intend for it to turn into a sale thread, sorry.
Some random nobody...