WTS salsa

Commercial sales are permitted in this forum IF they are products or services directly related to the firearms community and all rules posted within are followed.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

stringygerm

Re: WTS salsa

Post by stringygerm »

Just ordered 4 original ! Can't wait to try it.
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

stringygerm wrote:Just ordered 4 original ! Can't wait to try it.

Thank you for your order I will ship it out First thing Thursday.

All the best...Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

buckeyered wrote:Will your salsa be available at any stores near Cinci? I would love to try the mild but the shipping cost is a little high (10.70)

I know its kinda high, the price $10.70 is a med.flat rate USPS box. that is so far the cheapest I can find, I'm looking for ways to ship single jars for a reasonable price so people don't have to buy four jars to get shipping.

I am open to any suggestions for shipping them for less I do not make any money on the shipping so If I can send it for less I am all for it. Hopefully by the time I get the mild out I will have some more buying options.

By the way If anyone wants to buy single jars or different quantities just PM me and I can send it for actual cost USPS, Fedex or UPS.

All the best...Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

The reviews are starting to come in and I wanted to say thanks to Soontobedeity for your kind words.
We also sent jars to three different online reviewers and here is a link to the first one http://salsareview.blogspot.com/2010/11 ... n-two.html

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Bruenor wrote:What would be a neat gimmick for the website is to add alternative text to an image map of the peppers.. so those less agriculturally inclined, like myself, could hover the mouse over the image of the peppers in each salsa and see what they are..

Please excuse my crude graphics talents. and possible mis-identification of pepper.. I couldn't get the alpha channel working so i just pointed at the last pepper in the image. .

I was unable to do the mouseover thing but I think you make a good point so I made a change. How does this look? Image http://gringovalley.com/products.aspx

Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

I now have a listing on ebay if anyone wants to buy a single jar, it has a shipping calculator so you can see actual cost to your zip.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

Hope I'm not annoying you guys yet...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
buckeyered

Post by buckeyered »

Maybe you could get Jungle Jim's to carry your salsa.
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." Emiliano Zapata
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Jungle Jim's seems like a great store to get into, as soon as my FDA filing comes back and I have an inventory of both products, I will be working on getting into some stores. I will put them on the list for sure. Until then I better work on my sales pitch or (hopefully) hire a salesperson because I'm dreading the idea of pitching my products to store managers and owners.

Thanks for the tip...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

tbram88 wrote:Jungle Jim's seems like a great store to get into, as soon as my FDA filing comes back and I have an inventory of both products, I will be working on getting into some stores. I will put them on the list for sure. Until then I better work on my sales pitch or (hopefully) hire a salesperson because I'm dreading the idea of pitching my products to store managers and owners.

It's actually pretty easy in the food biz, for one-store specialty retail...you walk in, ask for the approprate department manager and hand them a bottle. I'd bring chips and be ready to have a quick taste test right then and there.

Stores with more than 3 locations are handled differently...call ahead, find the right buyer and send a package sample (with all details).

You need a wholesale price, delivery terms and.....if you don't have it...liability insurance. Specialty retail...expect to test, with free stuff, to see if there is a market.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

I hate to be a stickler, but there are 11 peppers listed under your 10 pepper salsa lol.
Poop!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:I hate to be a stickler, but there are 11 peppers listed under your 10 pepper salsa lol.
Thanks for noticing, see page two of this thread.
I like being stickled...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Mr. Glock wrote:
tbram88 wrote:Jungle Jim's seems like a great store to get into, as soon as my FDA filing comes back and I have an inventory of both products, I will be working on getting into some stores. I will put them on the list for sure. Until then I better work on my sales pitch or (hopefully) hire a salesperson because I'm dreading the idea of pitching my products to store managers and owners.

It's actually pretty easy in the food biz, for one-store specialty retail...you walk in, ask for the approprate department manager and hand them a bottle. I'd bring chips and be ready to have a quick taste test right then and there.

Stores with more than 3 locations are handled differently...call ahead, find the right buyer and send a package sample (with all details).

You need a wholesale price, delivery terms and.....if you don't have it...liability insurance. Specialty retail...expect to test, with free stuff, to see if there is a market.

I knew my new salesman would emerge sooner or later, you got the job as long as you work for salsa lol.

I do have 2 mil. in insurance, and some sell sheets coming in tomorrow to send in with samples. My wholesale price is low enough that retailer can make 30% and still land in my target retail price. I just don't feel confident in my salesmanship skills, as a construction worker my "people skills" are, let's say, rough.

My cost per unit is too high to utilize a distributor, (20% markup) so I also have to deliver to potential retailers.
I really do appreciate all of the help from you guys.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
stringygerm

Post by stringygerm »

I get hot sauces and salsas from Heather's Heat & Flavor http://www.heatandflavor.com/. They have 2 stores (Legacy Village in Lyndhurst and First and Main in Hudson).

Maybe they will carry your salsas.

P.S. I got your salsas. Half of my dinner tonight was salsa on saltine crackers. Excellent fresh flavor and nice heat! A hotter version pureed (sp?) as a hot sauce might be a good choice for your next product.
Last edited by stringygerm on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

tbram88 wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote:

I knew my new salesman would emerge sooner or later, you got the job as long as you work for salsa lol.

I do have 2 mil. in insurance, and some sell sheets coming in tomorrow to send in with samples. My wholesale price is low enough that retailer can make 30% and still land in my target retail price. I just don't feel confident in my salesmanship skills, as a construction worker my "people skills" are, let's say, rough.

My cost per unit is too high to utilize a distributor, (20% markup) so I also have to deliver to potential retailers.
I really do appreciate all of the help from you guys.

Going right to distribution is a mistake...build the brand first, via the web and local specialty retail. Let's face it, it's not like there is a shortage of salsa out there right now, so build first.

And, sure, you'll mess up a few sales calls....but if you can't sell it, no one can.

Long story short, I was in a meeting with a bunch of business people to review one guy's proposal for a new biz venture. He was sure there was niche in market A....as it was too small for the established competitor to invade. But he couldn't sell his service (and the initial test he put together didn't go well), and was epecting that he could just find a bunch of stay-at-home moms to go around and sell it and all would be well (ie that those people would figure out how to sell it). Needless to say, he didn't get kudos or pats-on-the-back by the group. Not that we were mean, but he looked like he was about to cry when it was over. He never did actually launch, as far as I know.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Good to see that eBay listing.. I'm going to order one from there shortly. I plan on trying a single jar of it first :mrgreen: