WTS salsa

Commercial sales are permitted in this forum IF they are products or services directly related to the firearms community and all rules posted within are followed.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tbram88

Re: WTS salsa

Post by tbram88 »

Thanks guys.

ArcherAce wrote:Bob, did you ever get any shelf space at local stores?
No not yet, the retail game is tough and we found out that our bar codes do not scan ( I have 5,000 labels and they don't scan). I need to contact my printer and find a way to fix that.

We also need to find some ways to lower production costs, and increase production without compromising quality. As things stand now we can't accommodate large orders on a regular basis and production costs are too high to make retail very profitable.

In my opinion it is the things that make our salsa great (variety of peppers and all fresh ingredients) are what make it a retail nightmare.

All the best...Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

..You da man, I mean Salsa....That is big to get a award like that...Make sure you capitalize on it.. :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

I just ordered another 6 Pack....people love it.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

I haven't updated this thread in a while so here is whats new.
We just received a new review from Scott Roberts, who is kind of a heavy hitter in the spicy food world. His review can be found here http://gringovalley.com/News.aspx

We also have a retail location in Swanton where people can buy our Salsa. Johnston Fruit Farms at 2790 Airport Hwy
Swanton, Ohio 43558 is stocking our products.

We have completed development of our "Hot" Salsa which is considerably hotter than our "Original" , and should be in production by the end of the year.

Lastly I have been in contact with several local farmers, and hope to contract with some of them to grow all of our ingredients locally by next season.

All the best...Gringo Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

OH NOES!!!

Went to the fridge this morn and OUT OF SALSA !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is a pretty accurate rendition of the scene as it played out

Order on the way.
Poop!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

That's a huge downer to run out in the middle of a football game.

I'll keep a lookout for your order and make sure you get it before next game.

P.S. my holster is awesome, the most comfortable one I have ever owned.

All the best...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

I finally ordered some :mrgreen:

Can't wait to try it!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Thanks for the order Freddie, I will ship it out A.S.A.P.

All the best...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Thanks! Its DELICIOUS! Though I need some cold beer with it
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Any Black Friday deals on delicious salsa?

:mrgreen:
Poop!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Sure, How about free shipping for black Friday.

I really hate the high cost of shipping, it kills a lot of sales for me.

All the best...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

How do we go about getting free shipping? My parents wanted me to order some for them...
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

To get free Black Friday shipping just to to the website and on the order page use the (TOL) button. http://gringovalley.com/products.aspx
If you would prefer to send a check Just PM me.

Sorry I was late checking this post, so offer is good thru Saturday.

All the best...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
medmandan

Post by medmandan »

Wow...I wish I had seen this sooner!!!! I will be placing an order on Friday once funds allow it..Do you have a pick up location here in Toledo that I can just come buy it from out of curiosity? If this is as great as it is sounding, a couple of suggestions for possible larger long term sales for ya..

1: The Meat Market stores would probably LOVE to carry this.
2: Star Diner..would go great with several of their dishes, plus the local aspect!
3: Much bigger yet, but if you can swing the production amounts, think about The Andersons.

If you would like help locally with talking to some of the smaller, independent retailers I would be MORE than happy to help. I worked retail for several years, and the remainder of my adult life has been in Emergency Services..Talking to strange new people is NOT a problem for me!

So, in summary...Friday can not get here soon enough, and, a HUGE...

BUMP!!!!!! :mrgreen:
medmandan

Post by medmandan »

Just ordered some salsa tonight..cannot wait to try it!!!

oh, and BUMP for yet another successful OFCC SBO!