WTS salsa

Commercial sales are permitted in this forum IF they are products or services directly related to the firearms community and all rules posted within are followed.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

eagle45
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: WTS salsa

Post by eagle45 »

Thanks for the update.

One question tho - is it just me, the new math, or something else? Looks like the label for the 10 pepper actually has 11 peppers on it.
"Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks.” Thomas Jefferson.
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

eagle45 wrote:Thanks for the update.

One question tho - is it just me, the new math, or something else? Looks like the label for the 10 pepper actually has 11 peppers on it.

You sir are correct, it does in fact have 11. Originally I was going to use a logo similar to the NCAA big 10 logo which has the 11 written inside it, but I didn't want any trademark problems. Besides I thought the name "Original 10 Pepper Salsa" sounded better and when I took the picture for the label I forgot to include the Cayenne's
So I just stuck with 10.

And just a bit of trivia, besides the 11 fresh peppers there is also,Ground black & red pepper, and a crushed red pepper blend that includes four different dried chili's.

So technically there are a total of 16 different peppers (one is redundant)

Its cool to see that people do read labels. That being said, to anyone reading this post I offer one free jar to the first person to find the typo in the Original label!

The first person to correctly identify the typo will receive one free jar.

Good luck...Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Cholesterol?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

pepers .......

======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

sabalo wrote:pepers .......

We have a winner,
We proofed this label over and over and at least six people missed it. As soon as we printed 2000 of them my sister in law found it in four seconds DOH!!

The word pepper appears 14 times on my label and I still missed it.

PM me your address and I'll send you a jar (misspelled of course)

Thanks for playing...Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

pirateguy191 wrote:Cholesterol?
You scared me there for a minute but no that's not it.

All the best...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
Shaolin_dragon

Post by Shaolin_dragon »

tbram88 wrote:
sabalo wrote:pepers .......

We have a winner,
We proofed this label over and over and at least six people missed it. As soon as we printed 2000 of them my sister in law found it in four seconds DOH!!

The word pepper appears 14 times on my label and I still missed it.

PM me your address and I'll send you a jar (misspelled of course)

Thanks for playing...Bob.
wait...you also spelt flavour wro...ehhh..never mind.... wrong country... :wink: :lol:
I carry, because I care!
eagle45
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by eagle45 »

I agree - "Original 10 Pepper Salsa" does sound better. Sounds better than '16 pepper' or '10 peper'! :D
"Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks.” Thomas Jefferson.
soontobedeity
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by soontobedeity »

I just placed my order for a 4-pack of the original. Thanks for adding the gluten-free info on the website.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

What would be a neat gimmick for the website is to add alternative text to an image map of the peppers.. so those less agriculturally inclined, like myself, could hover the mouse over the image of the peppers in each salsa and see what they are..

Please excuse my crude graphics talents. and possible mis-identification of pepper.. I couldn't get the alpha channel working so i just pointed at the last pepper in the image. .
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

eagle45 wrote:I agree - "Original 10 Pepper Salsa" does sound better. Sounds better than '16 pepper' or '10 peper'! :D
ROFL
Or like my Daughter suggested for a slogan "We put the P in Peper"

All the Best...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

soontobedeity wrote:I just placed my order for a 4-pack of the original. Thanks for adding the gluten-free info on the website.
Thank you for your order it will be there tonight.

All the best...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Bruenor wrote:What would be a neat gimmick for the website is to add alternative text to an image map of the peppers.. so those less agriculturally inclined, like myself, could hover the mouse over the image of the peppers in each salsa and see what they are..

Please excuse my crude graphics talents. and possible mis-identification of pepper.. I couldn't get the alpha channel working so i just pointed at the last pepper in the image. .

That's a great idea thanks, I think I know how to do it. There is a legend on the "Whats in your salsa" page http://gringovalley.com/compare.aspx but that don't help if your on the "products" page.

I will work on that today.

Thanks again...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
soontobedeity
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by soontobedeity »

I'd like to take a few moments to relate my experience with Gringo Valley Salsa Company. I have no stake in the company, nor do I know the business owners.

I placed my order via PayPal through the website this morning (11/1) and selected the local option since I'm a Toledo native. I paid $22 for four jars of the ten-pepper salsa, and by the time I got home from class this evening, the salsa had already been delivered and was waiting for me. So I have nothing but good to say about the service so far.

I bought the salsa to support a local entrepreneur (and to say thank you for listing information about gluten on the website), and didn't much care what sort of product I got. But I can honestly say that after trying some of the 10 Pepper salsa that it is the best salsa I've tasted, hands down. It starts out deceptively sweet (but not fake-sweet like it's flavored, or fruit sweet like peaches or pineapple salsas I've tried), and I didn't think that it was very warm at all, considering that it's advertised as the hot variety. I was forced to reconsider after a few chip-fulls. The heat builds gradually while the salsa stays sweet, but it never got so hot that it was unpleasant.

Before I knew it, I had eaten almost half of the first jar and was still ready for more. I whole-heartedly recommend that anyone who enjoys chips and salsa give this company a shot.
buckeyered

Post by buckeyered »

Will your salsa be available at any stores near Cinci? I would love to try the mild but the shipping cost is a little high (10.70)
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." Emiliano Zapata