[SOLD] 1991 GMC Syclone

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

xanth

1991 GMC Syclone

Post by xanth »

Selling my '91 GMC Syclone. Starting out here since I really don't want to deal with the CS BS yet.

For Sale:

GMC Syclone

$9950

Have too many toys and selling one that just does not get driven that much.

I have owned this beauty since around 2010. Like most Syclone owners, put a ton of time, money, and effort into it. Currently run mobile 1 in it, put maybe 500 miles on it in the past 2 years, so would like it to go to someone who will enjoy it more. Wouldn’t break my heart to keep it though

Since I’ve had it:
• Engine rebuilt by local performance shop. Bored .30 over with SRP pistons installed.
• New turbo (not a rebuilt one)
• Transmission cooler w/braided lines (RPM)
• Upgraded front propshaft
• New shocks on all 4 corners
• New lower` springs in the rear
• Ball joints/Tie rods/alignment
• Torsion bar mounts
• Outer dew wipes
• Tons of other things I’m forgetting
• New battery/starter/”purple wire” fix
• “Syclone” floor mats
• Replaced rear cover

Good
• Awesome running truck, starts every time, sounds great, runs great
• Idle is spot on and holds firm
• Garage kept most of the time I’ve had it. Lost the garage parking space for it a few months ago
• Great driver. Not a $16K show truck (and priced accordingly) that you don’t want to drive, but something you could show and drive
• Tires are good (though a bit old)

Issues:
• Cladding is decent
• Paint is decent
• AC does not work. Compressor and components were replaced, system was flushed and filled, but doesn’t work.
• Minor rust on the frame, ect (it has been in Ohio), but don’t see any on the cab corners, door bottoms, ect
• “standard” cracks on the interior, dash, center console
• Drivers side door lock switch doesn’t work all the time

Overall, very clean driver. Blast to drive. Truck isn't perfect (and I'm not asking perfect-truck money for it!) ~67K miles on it.

I'm taking more pictures of it before I put it up on some forums/classified sections with a lot broader range. But here are a couple:

Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 1991 GMC Syclone

Post by Mr. Glock »

I’ve always liked the square body S-10 family and this one was the top of the heap. Good luck with it.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
xanth

Re: 1991 GMC Syclone

Post by xanth »

Mr. Glock wrote:I’ve always liked the square body S-10 family and this one was the top of the heap. Good luck with it.
Thanks, it's a pretty fun truck.

And I was pretty far off on the milage, has ~62K (well, 61,982, and that tells you how much I drive it), but my wife does drive it to work now and then, so mileage will increase.