[UNLISTED] WTS Katadyn Pocket Water Filter (needs filter)

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

painiac

WTS Katadyn Pocket Water Filter (needs filter)

Post by painiac »

Needs a new ceramic filter.
That being said, this is otherwise like new. I bought it years ago for prepping purposes; rinsed the filter with tap water per the instructions, but made the mistake of letting it freeze while damp so the replaceable ceramic filter broke.

http://www.katadyn.com/us/us/470-801361 ... pocket_usa
As you can see, these can be pretty expensive. The name "Pocket" is a bit of a misnomer as it's not tiny, but this would be excellent for a base camp or for home emergency prepping. It is capable of filtering a lot of water, down to 0.2 microns for removing dangerous pathogens. The ceramic filter is silver-impregnated to prevent bacterial growth. It can be scrubbed and re-used many times.
All hoses/accessories and pouch are included; the hand pump works perfectly, no damage or wear to the unit at all.

A replacement ceramic filter will cost you ~$200. I just don't feel like spending that much right now, but it's an excellent piece of gear and I don't want to just throw it away so I'm offering you a good deal.
Just to be clear: after adding a filter this item will be in perfect working order, but it will be useless until you buy a new ceramic filter element.

Considering that, I'm asking $100 (price of shipping included), and that price is negotiable.