WTB student Alto Saxophone

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

WTB student Alto Saxophone

Post by Whirlwind06 »

My daughter is starting band this year, and I would rather not go the "rent to own" route from the local music shops.
So if anyone has a used student Alto sax they are willing to part with for a reasonable amount of money let me know.

Thanks!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: WTB student Alto Saxophone

Post by Javelin Man »

I'd recommend at least starting with a three month trial period on a music store instrument, then turning it back in once you get a good one. You know that one will work fine without any guessing.

Yes, I'm a band director and see this frequently. I also purchase used instruments when I see them for good prices and sell them to students at cost.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Yeah, two of my three were in band. One switched to flags/rifles after the first year. Wasn't an issue though as we already had the instrument (her Mom's from when she was in HS and college).

Go with a rental until you know the kid is going to stick with it. Once they figure out whether they are going to stick with that instrument, then you can look into buying a better one.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
mreising

Post by mreising »

Sorry I can't help you. I actually got a decent student horn at a pawn shop and picked up a Savage 22/410 Model 24 at the same time. The horn we bought from the shop, the gun I got from someone who wanted to sell it to the shop but didn't like their low-ball offer. Still have the gun, the sax I donated to the school after Matt graduated college and went into the Navy. We had 7 saxophones at one time: 3 altos (first student one which became a marching horn, a better student one for concerts and later college marching, and a college music major level horn), 2 tenors (concert and marching), a baritone, and a soprano. Now that my son has graduated college and been in the Navy for years I donated the cheap alto and sold the marching tenor and he sold the soprano and bari; it seems like there is not much call for saxophones on submarines.

Good luck in your quest, but consider a rental for the first few months to a year.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.