FS: 1986 Monte Carlo SS

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bearkitty

FS: 1986 Monte Carlo SS

Post by bearkitty »

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5259968598.html

My brother is selling this - thought a few of you might take an interest. He's letting this one go to focus on a 1972 Monte frame-off restoration

305 High Output engine
200 R4 overdrive transmission
Power windows/Cruise/AC/CD Player - everything works

95% ORIGINAL!! What's changed? AC converted to R134. New tires. Replaced water pump, thermostat, heater core, hoses, and flushed radiator in 2014.

My brother 2nd owner and this car has been garaged most of it's life. It runs and drives extremely well. Includes indoor and outdoor car covers.

$8500 OBO
Reasonable offers considered

"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: FS: 1986 Monte Carlo SS

Post by 502ci »

Nice car your brother has for sale there... 8)

Interesting he is restoring a 72 Monte Carlo, that was my first car...I received it back in 1983 as a graduation gift. Best part is I still have it... :D

Here's a link to one of the best car clubs in the country that you can give him... http://www.firstgenmc.com/

Maybe he has already found the site but if not tell him it has the best info on the first generation monte carlo anywhere. It deals with 1970, 1971, and 1972 monte's only, and has many people there willing to help him with parts and info on his restoration. I go by the screen name as 502ci on that site as well.
Nothing to see here...move along.
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

Nice car. I agree with 502ci on the First Gen Monte club. I'm there to, go by WIHAM.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

He's a member there too....CGFB2012

I believe he posted some pics of the early stages of the project
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.