[UNLISTED] Knives - Buck and Case

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ohio boy

Knives - Buck and Case

Post by ohio boy »

If anyone is or knows a knife collector, I have a Buck and a Case Barracuda that have been converted to auto opening. The work was done by Cumberland Mountain Knife and Tool, not any off shore shop. $120.00 each. I have never seen another Case and the Buck sells in the $160.00 to $180.00 range. Please PM and I will send pictures to you if you are interested.

Steve
BobK

Re: Knives - Buck and Case

Post by BobK »

Are auto opening knives legal in Ohio?

Not trying to be a smart aleck or step on your sale, this is a sincere question.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bob, my understanding (to be brief) is that auto-openers are legal to own in Ohio, but not possess. There is an exemption of some kind for LE, Fire/EMS etc. but that may be tied to federal laws on the topic.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I also believe (last time I looked it up) that the feds also make an exemption for possession of automatic knives if you only have one arm/hand.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

BobK wrote:Are auto opening knives legal in Ohio?

Not trying to be a smart aleck or step on your sale, this is a sincere question.
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.20" onc ... urn false;
2923.20 Unlawful transaction in weapons.

(A) No person shall:
(3) Manufacture, possess for sale, sell, or furnish to any person other than a law enforcement agency for authorized use in police work, any brass knuckles, cestus, billy, blackjack, sandbag, switchblade knife, springblade knife, gravity knife, or similar weapon;
(B) .... A violation of division (A)(3) or (4) of this section is a misdemeanor of the second degree.

Legal to own, but that's about it. I'm working to change these laws in Ohio. I know we see these all the time at gun shows, but I might suggest take this listing down.
ohio boy

Post by ohio boy »

Replied to all PM's. I am going to lock this now. Thanks to all.