[UNLISTED] My 2 Dogs need (a) new home(s)

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mreising

My 2 Dogs need (a) new home(s)

Post by mreising »

My two dogs, Boulder and Cheyenne, are in need of a new home (preferably) or two new homes. They are a mix of Border Collie and Newfoundland but they look a lot like Black Labs. They are spayed and microchipped, female litter mates, ~4.5 yrs old. They weigh 70-75 pounds each and I just got their vet checkups and vaccinations (distemper, parvo, kennel cough, rabies, heartworm check, fecal parasite check, etc.) on Thursday October 2, so they are good until October 2015 for everything except their rabies vaccination which is good until the end of September 2017. Both are in good health; Cheyenne is on thyroid medication (Soloxine 0.8 mg 2x/day- cost is ~$70 for 4+month supply) which I have recently filled and have at least a 5-month supply. They are on Trifexis for heartworm, intestinal parasites & fleas each month.

I have had them at the Party in the Park a couple of times and they are well behaved. They like the dog park and get along with the other dogs. I have to board them when I travel and they are used to going to a local kennel that also has doggy day care (Four Paws in Landen (Maineville), OH) and they get along with the dogs there, also. I have taken them on trips to my hometown and watched the parades at a local festival and they do well in crowds, although they don't care for the firetruck sirens. As far as personality goes: Boulder is the athletic one, chasing and catching tennis balls, while Cheyenne is more like the little kid who stands in the outfield looking at the dandelions. Cheyenne does like to carry a large rawhide chew ticking straight out the corner of her mouth like it is a cigar.

As some of you know, my wife passed away about a year and a half ago and with my travel schedule it is difficult to keep them. In addition, I am getting married in January and will be renting or selling my house and I have to start remodeling it before I can do that, so I really need to find them a new home or homes as soon as possible. PM me for more details.

Boulder has the blue collar.

Cheyenne has the red collar.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
mreising

Re: My 2 Dogs need (a) new home(s)

Post by mreising »

To clarify, I would like to find a home for the two of them together, however they could be split up.

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

My wife says MAYBE,,, IF,,, you have to split them up, she'd be interested.
IF that has to happen, you should contact her,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
mreising

Post by mreising »

I believe I will have to split them up and I am running out of time. I need to find a home for them by next weekend. I have help coming in on the 20th to start work on the house, including tearing out drywall and carpet in some areas. If anyone knows of somebody looking for a dog or two, they are really good girls. Thanks

Mark
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

If I had a house I'd take them in a heartbeat. But my condo is no place for two dogs that most likely will want a yard to play around in.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
mreising

Post by mreising »

I found a home for Boulder and Cheyenne has moved in with my fiance. Cheyenne has a little separation anxiety but seems to be coming around. Boulder has an 11 year old girl for a playmate so I assume she is doing well.

Mark