1979 Harley Davidson

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArcherAce

1979 Harley Davidson

Post by ArcherAce »

1979 Harley Davidson FX. The bike has been rebuilt to look like an FL. Heavy front end, full fenders, fat bobs, etc… If you know what you’re looking at, you can still see a few FX items on it.

The bike was just painted last month. I also replaced the front wheel bearings and tire. The rear tire was new last year. The bike runs well and has been on a number of trips around the area. The bike has both electric and kick start.

I also have a set of fiberglass hardbags and a tourpack, along with a fiberglass fairing and radio pack that will go with it at the $7k price. The fiberglass parts all need work, but they are original pieces from the 70s.

It’s a good old shovel. I’m looking at getting a new bike, but have to sell this one first. Otherwise I’d keep the old girl.

*SOLD*.

Last edited by ArcherAce on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
taz.45

Re: 1979 Harley Davidson

Post by taz.45 »

nice looking bike!!!
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

taz.45 wrote:nice looking bike!!!
TY!

Most people can't believe it's 30 years old. :wink:
GrayRider

Post by GrayRider »

I've had 3 shovels. I like 'em. I might be interested in working a trade for my Wide Glide if you're interested.
Congress, it's like the 3 Stooges only there's 535 of 'em..
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

GrayRider wrote:I've had 3 shovels. I like 'em. I might be interested in working a trade for my Wide Glide if you're interested.
I'd pass on the Wide Glide, GR. But, thanks for the interest.

Everyone I ride with has a new Ultra. I've ridden over to Cleveland and up to Devils Lake with them. I can keep up until they hit the open road. The shovel is topped out at 80. They cruise well above that. I'd like something with a radio, hardbags, and a fairing. Oh, and fuel injection too. Something I can throw the wife on the back of and take off for a week. Ya know what I mean? A Street Glide would be cool, but I'm thinking Electra Glide.

It's time for some cruising comfort. :D
hkuspclem40

Post by hkuspclem40 »

ArcherAce wrote: Everyone I ride with has a new Ultra. I've ridden over to Cleveland and up to Devils Lake with them. I can keep up until they hit the open road. The shovel is topped out at 80. They cruise well above that. I'd like something with a radio, hardbags, and a fairing. Oh, and fuel injection too. Something I can throw the wife on the back of and take off for a week. Ya know what I mean? A Street Glide would be cool, but I'm thinking Electra Glide.

It's time for some cruising comfort. :D
If you're buying new, do some research on-line and talk to your friends that have the new 6spd. trans. I'm not too pleased with my 08. I thought I did my homework but obviously not because the bugs starting in 07 didn't get worked out by 08.
NRA Life Member
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

bump for lower price and added parts.