WTB used canoe *Bought one*

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bersa45

WTB used canoe *Bought one*

Post by Bersa45 »

My kids are looking for a used canoe to go fishing around the area in the ponds and inland lakes. Anybody know of one that needs a new home? Thanks......
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
shooterwolf

Re: WTB used canoe

Post by shooterwolf »

What you looking for? Aluminum, plastic, fiberglass? Any certain length?

Shooterwolf.
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

Aluminum,plastic or fibreglass is fine. I'm not sure what lenght they come in but something probably around 15 to 20' for two people. Nothing fancy cause the kids are low on funds. thanks.
OFCC member

3 seconds

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Shorter canoes are good for white water and playing. Longer ones are good for tripping (loading with gear and canoeing lakes). There are a lot of variables within those generalities though. I have a 17' Wenonah Spirit II which is a good tripping canoe, but which can be used in white water. (It's not for sale). Over 17' is probably overkill unless they plan a couple of weeks in the Boundary Waters. The long ones can be really hard to turn quickly.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

I just pulled my canoe out of the garage with the intent of putting it up here. I'll post photos tomorow. How old are the kids? This is an 18 ft Wenonah Sundowner. It's more of a lake touring canoe. Not exactly a beginner boat for kids. I posted about it last year, but I hadn't yet mastered photo hosting. I paid around $1K new in 96. I don't have to sell it, but I would to the right offer.
The British are going! The British are going!
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

muxtech wrote:I paid around $1K new in 96.
$1000 for a canoe...12 years ago!? Holy Crap! What size motor did it come with? Built in stereo? :lol: I guess I had no clue!
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

charben wrote:
$1000 for a canoe...12 years ago!? Holy Crap! What size motor did it come with? Built in stereo? :lol: I guess I had no clue!
Oh, you'd have loved the price tag on the kevlar version! I'll go into it's features once I post some photos later today. You can certainly buy a canoe for less than these cost.
The British are going! The British are going!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

charben wrote:
That's not an unusual price for a quality canoe. Kevlar ones run over $2000. I paid around $1000 for my Royalex Spirit II.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
hershey

Post by hershey »

got an aluminium one, far from perfect, probably 17-19' i am in lorain county, $175 cash or trades, i got two and haven't used this one in over a year.
God loves you......... yep, even on them days too.

Are you missing me yet? - George Bush
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

My son found one for $250. 15' fibreglass,2hp Sea Horse Johnson motor,2 oars, 3 vests,5 fishing poles and anchor,rope and more. I think he got a heck of deal. Thanks to all for responding....
OFCC member

3 seconds

cwc
*** Banned ***

Post by cwc »

Bersa45 wrote:My son found one for $250. 15' fibreglass,2hp Sea Horse Johnson motor,2 oars, 3 vests,5 fishing poles and anchor,rope and more. I think he got a heck of deal. Thanks to all for responding....
$250.00 for a canoe that floats with a running motor????? That wasn't a good deal my freind, that was a outright steal !!

Congratulations, You're going love conoeing and its hard to beat having a motor on big flat water. Nice find!
I'm republican because not everybody can be on welfare.