Wanted: 6 panel interior door and baby gate

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Wanted: 6 panel interior door and baby gate

Post by charben »

I have an old house and there is a doorway in the upstairs hallway that bisects the house front to back. There hasn't been a door in this doorway since I bought the house but there was a door stored in the attic. I thought for a project today, I'd re-install that door. Except that it doesn't fit...not wide enough.

So, I am hoping that maybe someone has an old 6 panel door laying around from a renovation. It doesn't have to be in the best shape because I'll likely paint it...unless it is in really good shape! I can drive up to an hour to pick it up which means areas like Toledo, BG, Fremont, Findlay, Marion, Norwalk, Shelby, Sandusky, and others.

ETA: Duh. I guess I better mention dimensions: 83" (or close...I can trim) by 31 3/4"

I am also in need of a baby gate--cheap. We are starting to allow the dogs into the house and I'd like to use a baby gate for a training aid to keep them out of certain areas.

Just PM me if you can help with either.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
heathen

Re: Wanted: 6 panel interior door and baby gate

Post by heathen »

I have 3 doors out in the garage. The closest is the one I used for my hardened closet before I got my safe. It has 4 dead bolts (included), 2 per side, plus a door knob lock. The door it's self is about 32 X 80 and comes with the framing adding width and height. It's a solid wood panel door. The outside of this looks pretty good but the inside has screw holes where I had expanded metal and plywood.

Second is painted white with a window at the top. It's 31 X 78 1/2.

Third is varnished with a window at the top and about 30 1/4 X 79.

You're welcome to any or all of them. I'll send you a PM also.