1991 GMC Syclone

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

1991 GMC Syclone

Postby xanth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Selling my '91 GMC Syclone. Starting out here since I really don't want to deal with the CS BS yet.

For Sale:

GMC Syclone

$9950

Have too many toys and selling one that just does not get driven that much.

I have owned this beauty since around 2010. Like most Syclone owners, put a ton of time, money, and effort into it. Currently run mobile 1 in it, put maybe 500 miles on it in the past 2 years, so would like it to go to someone who will enjoy it more. Wouldn’t break my heart to keep it though

Since I’ve had it:
• Engine rebuilt by local performance shop. Bored .30 over with SRP pistons installed.
• New turbo (not a rebuilt one)
• Transmission cooler w/braided lines (RPM)
• Upgraded front propshaft
• New shocks on all 4 corners
• New lower` springs in the rear
• Ball joints/Tie rods/alignment
• Torsion bar mounts
• Outer dew wipes
• Tons of other things I’m forgetting
• New battery/starter/”purple wire” fix
• “Syclone” floor mats
• Replaced rear cover

Good
• Awesome running truck, starts every time, sounds great, runs great
• Idle is spot on and holds firm
• Garage kept most of the time I’ve had it. Lost the garage parking space for it a few months ago
• Great driver. Not a $16K show truck (and priced accordingly) that you don’t want to drive, but something you could show and drive
• Tires are good (though a bit old)

Issues:
• Cladding is decent
• Paint is decent
• AC does not work. Compressor and components were replaced, system was flushed and filled, but doesn’t work.
• Minor rust on the frame, ect (it has been in Ohio), but don’t see any on the cab corners, door bottoms, ect
• “standard” cracks on the interior, dash, center console
• Drivers side door lock switch doesn’t work all the time

Overall, very clean driver. Blast to drive. Truck isn't perfect (and I'm not asking perfect-truck money for it!) ~67K miles on it.

I'm taking more pictures of it before I put it up on some forums/classified sections with a lot broader range. But here are a couple:

xanth

Re: 1991 GMC Syclone

Postby Mr. Glock » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:30 pm

I’ve always liked the square body S-10 family and this one was the top of the heap. Good luck with it.
“Without dignity there is no liberty, without justice there is no dignity, and without independence there are no free men.”
- Patrice Lumumba
OFCC Patron, NRA Benefactor Life, GOA & Hot Stove League Member
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 1991 GMC Syclone

Postby xanth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Mr. Glock wrote:I’ve always liked the square body S-10 family and this one was the top of the heap. Good luck with it.

Thanks, it's a pretty fun truck.

And I was pretty far off on the milage, has ~62K (well, 61,982, and that tells you how much I drive it), but my wife does drive it to work now and then, so mileage will increase.
xanth

Return to Misc. Non-Firearm Items