Paul Hackett - Count Him In

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ballistic

Paul Hackett - Count Him In

Post by ballistic »

It's official. Paul Hackett has announced today he is a candidate for the U.S. Senate seat held by Mike DeWine.
Henry Bowman

Post by Henry Bowman »

Now if we could just find a Republican to run against him!
Send lawyers, guns, and money...
Ursus americanus
*** Banned ***

Post by Ursus americanus »

I'd love to run if I thought I had a snow ball's chance in the oven....

I could only run as an independent though
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I don't see the republican party allowing anyone to run against DeWhine in the primary.

Should we all register as democrats, and vote for Hackett ? :?: I don't know his stand is on the 2A, or CCW, but we know that Sherrod Brown hates guns, and hates people who own guns.

What a embarresment it would be for Brown to lose the primary to a newbie!

You can do this, and still vote Libertarian in the election. :twisted:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
crash141

Post by crash141 »

I believe Hackett is an ex Marine and has his ccw. I don't know too much else about him, though. I do know, just about anyone will be better than DeWine.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

JU-87 wrote:Should we all register as democrats, and vote for Hackett ?
I think that is probaby the best suggestion. That is what I intend to do.

Otherwise the nomination will likely go the Sherrod Brown who is virulently anti-gun.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

I'll definitely be looking into this guy.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
mreising

Hackett

Post by mreising »

is an NRA member but did not get their endorsement in the special election for Portman's seat because of his lack of a voting record, whereas Schmidt had a record of voting for concealed carry. Hackett MAY be okay on 2A issues, but he seems a little liberal (not libertarian) in his social agenda i.e healthcare, environment etc. His big problem is a lack of a record, plus he's a lawyer, like we need more of them in the senate.
JSK333

Post by JSK333 »

There was another Republican running against Voinovich last election. From his website, he seemed to be a true Repub. and not a RINO. I think he lost to Voinovich like 65% to 35%, so it was semi-close.

I can't remember his name right now but I think I heard he may be running again against DeWine. Maybe with more advertising to the Republican base, he could get elected over DeWine, considering the more conservative Hackett running for the Dems.

And to make it even better, who wants to run for the Constitution Party? :)
Solomon
LeiraHoward

Post by LeiraHoward »

Hackett ran against Schmidt in the special election here earlier this year... from what I found out about him at the time, he seemed closer to Republican than Democrat... Schmidt was better on several issues, so I voted for her. Otherwise, I very likely would have voted for him.

He fought in Iraq, which some see as a plus... he had some quote about how he thought Bush was wrong, but respected the office...

...I seem to remember something about Hackett being an NRA member but I could be wrong. I do know he is pro-firearms to a certain extent.

I'm gonna need to see a lot more info before I vote one way or the other, but he'd be better than DeWine, by a long shot!
uperrsc

Post by uperrsc »

I think DeWine is a bum, but what I saw of Hackett sure did NOT impress me. I hope a conservative challenges DeWine for the nomination.... but I also don't know if that is even an option.......
Scott Perrine
NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator
NRA Recruiter
OH 16th Congressional District
scottrperrine@gmail.com