HB 222 Using CHL as voter ID

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

HB 222 Using CHL as voter ID

Post by Chuck »

Here's a neat little bill that adds a grand total of twenty-five words to ORC 3501.01 that adds Ohio CHL to the list of acceptable IDs for voting.
Doesn't cost a dime.

The sponsor asked me last week during our advocacy days if we could help get it out of committee and instead we found an elections bill that it goes with perfectly.
And it's under no threat of veto.
The sponsor is not looking for recognition, he just wants it done
Therefore, I have to name him, Representative Dave Greenspan, 16th House District

When it happens, you'll know why
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: HB 222 Using CHL as voter ID

Post by qmti »

Sound good to me. I've often wondered if the ccw could be used as a form of I.D.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Interestingly enough, if you decide to get the new enhanced Ohio Drivers License to use for flying and other stuff, the CHL is listed as qualifying for one of the two types of ID that you must show.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I've used my CHL before to vote. No issue.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

As Pirate Guy, I have used only my CHL as ID for voting. Does this even need to be addressed lest a snowflake melts=?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

In some heavily liberal precincts, there has been pushback reported on this forum when people tried to use their CHL as identification.

Happened to me once. The woman sitting there didn't know me, or what the CHL was. Fellow next to her, did.

So when she figured it out and asked me "You know you can't bring your gun in here, right?", I had a good reply for her, which cracked up that old fella who was the boss:

"Lady, if I'd shown you my driver's license, would you have advised me that I couldn't drive my car into the building? Just gimme the ballot already!"
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Javelin Man wrote:As Pirate Guy, I have used only my CHL as ID for voting. Does this even need to be addressed lest a snowflake melts=?
I guess that depends on your definition of the word "need"
All we need is food, clothing, and shelter.

If we can help the legislator out and earn some political capital with very little effort it's good for us and good for the cause.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

If we can help the legislator out and earn some political capital with very little effort it's good for us and good for the cause.
I’m in his district and I like him. What help does he need?
Proudly causing more problems than I solve, since 1950.