Lucas County Sheriff self serving on schools

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Lucas County Sheriff self serving on schools

Post by bignflnut »

After news surfaced that Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is contemplating whether to allow states to use federal money to purchase guns for educators, local officials cautioned against such measures, emphasizing the importance of entrusting trained law enforcement officers.

"I don't like the idea of arming educators and putting that responsibility on them,” Lucas County Sheriff John Tharp said. “I think we ought to be arming our law enforcement officers and putting law enforcement in schools. I would say create more monies to have more school resource officers in the schools.

“If we had additional officers, not only are they providing safety and security, but they could be educating our children on things like drug and opioid addiction.”
You want to tap into the school budgets to grow your forces? No kidding? You think that's the best way to address the problem, and you want the drug war to be in the schools? Ya want MOAR DARE? Do you have any snake oil to sell me?

OF COURSE you don't like the idea of arming non-LEOs. OF COURSE you don't want people to be responsible for themselves. This justifies your bloated budget and keeps you in demand.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Lucas County Sheriff self serving on schools

Post by WestonDon »

This is the sheriff who's deputies released the wrong prisoner from the jail a couple months ago. Yeah, he runs a real tight ship.

It's Toledo. What do you expect?
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member