Lucas County Sheriff self serving on schools

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Lucas County Sheriff self serving on schools

Postby bignflnut » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:57 am

After news surfaced that Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is contemplating whether to allow states to use federal money to purchase guns for educators, local officials cautioned against such measures, emphasizing the importance of entrusting trained law enforcement officers.

"I don't like the idea of arming educators and putting that responsibility on them,” Lucas County Sheriff John Tharp said. “I think we ought to be arming our law enforcement officers and putting law enforcement in schools. I would say create more monies to have more school resource officers in the schools.

“If we had additional officers, not only are they providing safety and security, but they could be educating our children on things like drug and opioid addiction.”

You want to tap into the school budgets to grow your forces? No kidding? You think that's the best way to address the problem, and you want the drug war to be in the schools? Ya want MOAR DARE? Do you have any snake oil to sell me?

OF COURSE you don't like the idea of arming non-LEOs. OF COURSE you don't want people to be responsible for themselves. This justifies your bloated budget and keeps you in demand.
“A free people claim their rights, as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.”
-Thomas Jefferson, 1774

Tweed Ring: "...we should have all done more to elected Republicans..." Agreed
bignflnut

Re: Lucas County Sheriff self serving on schools

Postby WestonDon » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:18 pm

This is the sheriff who's deputies released the wrong prisoner from the jail a couple months ago. Yeah, he runs a real tight ship.

It's Toledo. What do you expect?
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Return to Tweed Ring's Ohio Politics and Legislation