Reminder why campus carry should be a goal of ours

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Reminder why campus carry should be a goal of ours

Post by Brian D. »

I take a walk for exercise most mornings that weather and my time allows. Naturally, carry-legal places are preferable. But yesterday I decided to stroll the University of Cincinnati campus, since it's been a while.

Yes, I know that OPEN carry is legal for me there, but I didn't feel like getting gawked at, or deal with the UC Police, just trying to burn some calories.

The campus, like all major colleges, takes up a lot of acreage. A few narrow streets, mostly used for delivery and such, along with a myriad of stairways, ramps, blind corners between the buildings, etc. Heck of a good place to get mugged, after dark at least.

My big takeaway from the walk is, like always, a reminder of how STUPID it is for these universities to prohibit students, faculty, and visitors from having the proper self defense tools at hand.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Reminder why campus carry should be a goal of ours

Post by WestonDon »

Education and intelligence are two entirely different things.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

HB 233 which decriminalizes all no carry zones would fix this. It was passed by the house 13 months ago and has been totally ignored by the senate since then. I would rather see this bill passed over HB 228 (Stand your ground) since it would affect how and where I carry on a daily basis.

Kasich has already stated he would veto HB 228 while he has not taken a stand on HB 233. Maybe he would allow it to become law without his signature as he did with SB 81.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Didn't someone at PITP guarantee the passage of HB233 this year?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

pirateguy191 wrote:Didn't someone at PITP guarantee the passage of HB233 this year?
No they, did not if i recall.
Black Rifles Matter