Candidates for Governor weigh in on SYG bill

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Candidates for Governor weigh in on SYG bill

Post by JustaShooter »

Interesting:

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/ ... Er3PUZGbN/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This newspaper asked Ohio’s governor candidates to weigh in on the Stand Your Ground bill in the Ohio House.

Richard Cordray (D): “I agree with law enforcement and prosecutors that this bill would make it harder for them to do their jobs and keep Ohioans safe. It is well known that I respect and support the rights of responsible gun owners. At the same time, I believe we need to pursue measures to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, and we need to improve safety in our communities, churches, and schools.”

Mike DeWine (R): “This bill is still going through the legislative process, but I support the Second Amendment and believe that Ohioans who are threatened with injury or death have the right to stand their ground and defend their lives and property.”
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Candidates for Governor weigh in on SYG bill

Post by Javelin Man »

One said Ohioans can save their lives, the other one spoke out of all three sides of his mouth to cover all bases. :?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
rattlehead

Post by rattlehead »

Javelin Man wrote:One said Ohioans can save their lives, the other one spoke out of all three sides of his mouth to cover all bases. :?
"I believe in the Second Amendment, BUT..." almost universally means they don't support the Second Amendment at all.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

rattlehead wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:One said Ohioans can save their lives, the other one spoke out of all three sides of his mouth to cover all bases. :?
"I believe in the Second Amendment, BUT..." almost universally means they don't support the Second Amendment at all.
Like I posted in another thread, Cordray shifted his position for political gain and now he's stuck with it.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Although I'm still skeptical of DwWine, he had the most direct and pro-gun reply to the question (positive). I guess we'll see if he sticks with it if he's elected.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

qmti wrote:Although I'm still skeptical of DwWine, he had the most direct and pro-gun reply to the question (positive). I guess we'll see if he sticks with it if he's elected.
Sometimes, people, even politicians, have epiphanies. I understand that DeWine obtained his CHL several years ago which is a good sign.

We'll see, but, right now, it appears DeWine is the better choice as his changes have at least been going in the correct direction as opposed to Cordray.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand