HB 693: Require state certificate to carry firearm in school

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

HB 693: Require state certificate to carry firearm in school

Post by rickt »

H. B. No. 693 - Representative Young (R).

To amend sections 109.73, 109.78, 2923.11, 2923.122, 2925.01, 5747.02, 5747.08, and 5747.98 and to enact sections 109.781, 2923.27, and 5747.69 of the Revised Code to require a state certification to carry a firearm into a school safety zone and to grant an income tax credit for school employees or contractors who have such certification.
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... 132-HB-693
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: HB 693: Require state certificate to carry firearm in sc

Post by Javelin Man »

I wonder if my previous FASTER class certification would be sufficient? Also for the tax credit! 8)
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I'm having trouble viewing the pdf. What do they define as a "school safety zone"? Does that affect someone picking their kids up from school?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

M-Quigley wrote:I'm having trouble viewing the pdf. What do they define as a "school safety zone"? Does that affect someone picking their kids up from school?
The Ohio School Safety Zone includes all K-12 school property (among other things) so yes, depending on how this changes existing law it could affect someone picking up their kids from school.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

As I read the bill the provision (2923.122 (D)(3)) about a private CHLer having a firearm in their vehicle is unaffected. The only thing this bill does is require non-security personnel carrying under the authority of authorization from the board of education, e.g. armed staff members, to have a special certificate in addition to a CHL.