HB228 Hearing May 15

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

zeko

HB228 Hearing May 15

Post by zeko »

The Federalism and Interstate Relations committee of the Ohio House held the 6th hearing for HB228 this afternoon. I counted eight of the red-shirted Demanding Moms there (two with small children in tow), and one or two apparent sympathizers. Several committee members were absent, but enough were there to constitute a quorum.

The written versions of the testimonies are at http://www.ohiohouse.gov/committee/fede ... -relations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; under May 15. Only two testifiers showed up in person, both pro: Charles Reinhardt and Candy Petticord. Neither one was asked any questions by the committee members.

Does the committee have to vote on the bill at an open hearing, or can they do so at a non-hearing meeting?

Zeko
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: HB228 Hearing May 15

Post by Chuck »

It has to be an open hearing I think
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)