DeWine won!!!

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: DeWine won!!!

Post by bignflnut »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXEglx-or6k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

massive writein campaign.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
wls

Post by wls »

bignflnut wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXEglx-or6k

massive writein campaign.
Haven’t watched the video, but I am against any write in campaigns as they give the opponent a better opportunity to win. While I’m not at all crazy about DeWine, I definitely don’t want a Democrat as governor. Write ins could take enough votes away from DeWine to tip the scale toward Cordray.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Yes write ins sound good, but in reality, not so good. DeWine must pull ''all (R)s together'' for fall, etc. That's simple good ol' fashion political common sense. No 2A vote turnout, NO GOVERNORSHIP. Big . on that one, pure refined & filtered political certainty. And as political certainties go, Mrs. Taylors voting block was significant, and absolutely 100% needed in order to win in November.

What I started this thread with early Wednesday is what Rush led off with that same afternoon... all Ohio (R)votes thrown into the pot and if it was the real deal i.e. Nov. instead of May, Cordray would have lost. Once again what was stated a mere 3 lines ago ^^, Mrs Taylor's vote totals are significant, not were significant, as acknowledged at the national level of political analysis, and that very quickly. Rush even quoted the Ohio vote totals. And then Rush went on to include other states as an overall example, there is no apparent ''blue wave'' , no (D) parjty real theme or message etc. But he led with the Ohio story 8)

DeWines former 2A postions :P while not being a true Achilles heel definately is a sore tendon. Rest assured we 2A folk are absolutely significant, and have a place at the table to be heard. If we use & how we use that chair at the table is the only question...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

I don't see DeWine beating Cordray in November. Cordray is a better campaigner and the D's more unified. Running a RINO will probably not unify the base and motivate turnout.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

''I don't see DeWine beating Cordray in November. Cordray is a better campaigner and the D's more unified. Running a RINO will probably not unify the base and motivate turnout.''

All evidence as stated in last post, and 1st post, to the contrary. DeWine won in a substantial margin, if Tues was to be the fall election. With margin to spare. It's not your position to be overly concerned, leave that to the (D) analysts hehe Trust me, they're trying to pass bricks about now and there's no Charmin to be found :shock: There's no agenda for them to run on, just fear, supposition & superstition, that will pull vast #s of votes from the middle-right.
IMHO it's DeWine's race to lose. If he attempts to be mmmmmoderate & appease the left, he will lose. Act like current Kasichich, will lose. Solidify his base, he can win. Again. Remember Husted is a factor. And don't forget who is Ohio AG right now. A few pushes of the pen can be very helpful. Not exactly a lightweight position in the elected hierarchy.
If DeWine forgets Tues and the 2A votes, he will absolutely lose. Attempt to straddle the fence & you hurt yourself in wrong places. DeWine's race to lose.

IMO What needs to happen now is get him to commit to the 2A agenda and ideally publicly like Mrs Taylor did. Do it now so as to soften the impact of it come Nov. Similarly as Cordray recently stated anti-2A blabbed it up real good; figuring ppl will forget by fall.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

WhyNot wrote:DeWines former 2A postions :P while not being a true Achilles heel definately is a sore tendon. Rest assured we 2A folk are absolutely significant, and have a place at the table to be heard. If we use & how we use that chair at the table is the only question...
Tendonitis can definitely interfere with running though.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

WhyNot wrote:''I don't see DeWine beating Cordray in November. Cordray is a better campaigner and the D's more unified. Running a RINO will probably not unify the base and motivate turnout.''

IMO What needs to happen now is get him to commit to the 2A agenda and ideally publicly like Mrs Taylor did. Do it now so as to soften the impact of it come Nov. Similarly as Cordray recently stated anti-2A blabbed it up real good; figuring ppl will forget by fall.
Had DeWine done that BEFORE the primary it might have had some credibility.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

This November, there's a chance Cordray could be brought back to the Pro-RKBA side of the ledger: with DeWine there is no chance, he's a dyed-in-the-wool RINO.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

curmudgeon3 wrote:This November, there's a chance Cordray could be brought back to the Pro-RKBA side of the ledger: with DeWine there is no chance, he's a dyed-in-the-wool RINO.
I wouldn't count too much on that. Any future movement in the Dem party would be jeopardized. He will stay with "common sense" ideas such as universal background checks, increasing the age limit and such.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

^^Cordray has demonstrated some independent thinking in the past regarding RKBA, and I was holding out a faint hope that in the interim between now and November Hillary might do/say something to further stir things up in the Dem. Party causing him to reset his thinking.
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

In my opinion we've lost any chance to get a strongly pro Bill of Rights supporter as Governor. Our best bet is to put pressure on the House and Senate to keep from loosing ground. If they can keep the Governor from pushing through feel good legislation for the free air time we can hold on for 4 years. And not loosing ground will probably be the best we can hope for.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

walnut red wrote:In my opinion we've lost any chance to get a strongly pro Bill of Rights supporter as Governor. Our best bet is to put pressure on the House and Senate to keep from loosing ground. If they can keep the Governor from pushing through feel good legislation for the free air time we can hold on for 4 years. And not loosing ground will probably be the best we can hope for.
I tend to agree. Any pro-gun bills are best passed by the House and Senate with a veto proof margin. I don't think the governor candidates are pro-gun and would sign any meaningful legislation. We just need to not lose any ground the next 4 years.
mrbone

Post by mrbone »

A vote for DeWine is a vote for gun control. I can see someone opposing Cordray for other issues if you're not a single-issue voter, or if you dislike his anti-gun lieutenant governor. But there is no 2nd Amendment argument for picking DeWine over Cordray. Anyone who tries to defend DeWine as pro-gun is just being a Republican partisan with no principles.
JN01 wrote:According to the write up in last Sundays Cinci Enquirer, Cordray is pushing for universal background checks, ban on bump stocks, ban on high capacity magazines, and respecting the rights of gun owners (yeah, right).

Of course, DeWine may have the same position.
He has the same positions:
  • DeWine refused to answer questions about gun rights during the primary with except to say he supports the bump stock ban.
  • As Senator, he co-sponsored with Chuck Schumer legislation for the background checks.
  • He joined Dianne Feinstein to co-sponsor reinstating the Brady Bill to ban standard capacity magazines of more than 10 rounds and much more.
As a result, DeWine was the first senator in 2006 to earn the prestigious endorsement of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I don't care what BFA says about their endorsement of Dewine, we all know we are screwed with both candidates. And Hustead will be silenced by Dewine on any pro-gun legislation. Just saying.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Almost wish I'd never seen that Canadian cable TV series "Trailer Park Boys". Every time I see DeWine, my sardonic mind says "Hey, they should cast Mikey De as the long-lost father of Bubbles!".
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.