Kasich Pushes Gun control package to Ohio Legislature.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Kasich Pushes Gun control package to Ohio Legislature.

Post by Bruenor »

I'm sure no-one here is surprised.. I'm sure these are the bills listed further down in this forum

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/e-t ... egislature" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ohio Gov. John Kasich set out to assemble a group of leaders from diverse backgrounds with differing opinions on guns to tackle some common sense gun reforms.

Earlier this year the group came up with a list of six proposals that are now before the legislature include closing gaps in the background check system, crack down on the practice of third-party gun purchases, prohibiting the sale of armor-piercing ammunition and keeping weapons out of the hands of potentially violent or dangerous people.
"We don't want to be in the business of taking people's guns but there are reasonable limits," Kasich said of the panel's recommendations. "We had pro-gun people who wanted no changes in the law vs. people who are Second Amendment advocates but want significant changes and they came together on this package. I mean you couldn't come up with a package that frankly is any better that meets people half-way."
meets people half way.. yeah right..
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Re: Kasich Pushes Gun control package to Ohio Legislature.

Post by M-Quigley »

"meeting people half way" ? That would be doing something that the pro gun side supports in exchange for something they oppose, not enact half of what the anti gunners want now, and in return we don't do all of what they want.
(until the next time that is)

“I think you have to do it a step at a time and I think that is what the NRA is most concerned about. Is that it will happen one very small step at a time so that by the time, um, people have woken up, quote, to what’s happened, it’s gone farther than what they feel the consensus of American citizens would be. But it does have to go one step at a time and the banning of semiassault military weapons that are military weapons, not household weapons, is the first step.” Mayor Barbara Fass, Stockton, CA
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I was thinking of that this morning when I was watching an episode of American Muscle Car and the person talked of how the muscle car era slowly went away and nobody realized it was disappearing until it was all gone in the mid-late 70's. That's what they're trying to do to the 2nd Amendment, make it slowly go away and nobody make a fuss about it since it is leaving in baby steps.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

Bruenor wrote:meets people half way.. yeah right..
Exactly - they get half of what they want, and we get to keep the half they don't want (this time).
:roll:
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Quoting K from the article '' I mean you couldn't come up with a package that frankly is any better '' Um, er, well, yes. Yes I can. Harden the target area let school staff carry guns!! It's raining real hard outside, and I don't care, my roof is working perfectly.

That's my 1/2 way way.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Here's a bit of good news. Senate president Obhof doesn't think the bill will pass.
Yuko wants to pass Democratic gun reform bills, as well as a Republican bill of several reforms backed by Gov. John Kasich. Obhof says that bill is not going to pass and he says he’s not going to set an arbitrary deadline for possibly passing some others.
http://statenews.org/post/senate-leader ... complished
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Javelin Man wrote:I was thinking of that this morning when I was watching an episode of American Muscle Car and the person talked of how the muscle car era slowly went away and nobody realized it was disappearing until it was all gone in the mid-late 70's. That's what they're trying to do to the 2nd Amendment, make it slowly go away and nobody make a fuss about it since it is leaving in baby steps.
Oh believe me people knew it was going on with muscle cars.

The issue was that the insurance monthly payment was more than the car payment.

Far more than one person shopped a new muscle car, and then ditched the idea when they got an insurance quote. There was a Chrysler dealer within wrist rocket range of my back door growing 90, each dealer had to take two Super birds...those cars sat on that back lot unsold, the dealer finally put them into storage.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

Yeah,now he's got time to come home from the east coast!
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

willbird wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:I was thinking of that this morning when I was watching an episode of American Muscle Car and the person talked of how the muscle car era slowly went away and nobody realized it was disappearing until it was all gone in the mid-late 70's. That's what they're trying to do to the 2nd Amendment, make it slowly go away and nobody make a fuss about it since it is leaving in baby steps.
Oh believe me people knew it was going on with muscle cars.

The issue was that the insurance monthly payment was more than the car payment.

Far more than one person shopped a new muscle car, and then ditched the idea when they got an insurance quote. There was a Chrysler dealer within wrist rocket range of my back door growing 90, each dealer had to take two Super birds...those cars sat on that back lot unsold, the dealer finally put them into storage.

Bill
Way off topic but I don’t understand. You’re saying the automobile insurance industry conspired to stop production of large block engine sport cars?
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

''Kasich Pushes Gun control package to Ohio Legislature.''

Kasich Pushes limburger cheese Gun control package to Ohio Legislature.
Kasich Pushes 3 days in the sun scrounge fish offal Gun control package to Ohio Legislature.

...which should be very apparent politikaly non edible upon arrival. Very hopefully the report of the Senate leadership marking it all politikaly D.O.A. is exactly that.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Appears that "weasel" is Kasich's current favorite word. :(
“I’d really like to get my gun stuff going,” Kasich said in remarks after a Statehouse event Tuesday.

“You’re either for taking guns out of the hands of someone who presents a danger to themselves or others, or you are not. Say it.”

“Don’t weasel around on this, take a position ... Get out of the weasel, the weasel activity of ‘I’m going to avoid saying anything because I may make somebody mad.’ ... When you’re all things to all people, you’re really nothing to many people,” Kasich said.
http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180515/k ... un-reforms
docachna

Post by docachna »

“Don’t weasel around on this, take a position ... Get out of the weasel, the weasel activity of ‘I’m going to avoid saying anything because I may make somebody mad.’ ... When you’re all things to all people, you’re really nothing to many people,” Kasich said.
And who, pray tell, would know any better than he ???!?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

docachna wrote:
And who, pray tell, would know any better than he ???!?
Thank you for pointing that out. The reason I have not voted for the joker since '92 is because he changed his position after he told me to my face what his position was. He is an excellent weasel.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Exhibit A why the GOP is the party that actually gets gun control done. Well, Exhibt B....the Florida governor is Exhibit A, he got it passed.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I wish Kasich would just go ahead and declare himself a Democrat or a Independent. He's making the Republican party here in Ohio embarrassed that he is governor. At least I am embarrassed for his flip flop and his gun control position.