HB 228 hearing today 4/17

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

HB 228 hearing today 4/17

Post by MrMagoo »

There were four opponent testimonies and two proponents. There were eleven written testimonies submitted from people who did not testify available on committee members’ ipads (but not available to the public). The first opponent testimony was all about racism and said basically nothing about the bill. The Columbus Solicitor testified as to why cities should be able to make their own gun laws and why the changes to 9.68 should be rejected. One high school senior testified as to how legislators who did not vote to stop the gun violence would be voted out and others who would do something would be voted in and testified how blood is on legislators hands. An attorney who identified himself as a BFA member went through the sections of the ORC that would be changed by the bill citing why the changes are appropriate. One woman who had not submitted written testimony before the meeting was allowed to testify and testified about how changing to reasonable doubt is a good thing.

Not many questions were asked but those that were seemed to be favorable to the bill as written.
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: HB 228 hearing today 4/17

Post by rickt »

Anyone interested in reading all the testimony can visit the committee web site here:

http://www.ohiohouse.gov/committee/fede ... -relations

Click on April 17 and you will see everything submitted to the committee.

Thanks to M. Magoo (and Zeko last week) for reporting on the committee hearings.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: HB 228 hearing today 4/17

Post by Chuck »

Thank you all
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)