Ohio House Speaker Cliff Rosenberger resigns!

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Ohio House Speaker Cliff Rosenberger resigns!

Post by Brian D. »

After his sabotage of a pro-gun bill late last year, and similar waffling before that, can't say I'll miss him too much.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Ohio House Speaker Cliff Rosenberger resigns!

Post by techmike »

Brian D. wrote:After his sabotage of a pro-gun bill late last year, and similar waffling before that, can't say I'll miss him too much.
I hear ya. I am guessing the upset - having to replace the Speaker with who knows who - will probably/maybe stall any pro-gun bills for the rest of this year. Then we will have a new Gov. Who may or may not sign a pro gun bill. Hopefully the new Speaker will at least kill & bury HB585.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
bsctov

Post by bsctov »

House Speaker Pro Tempore Kirk Schuring will take over until a new speaker is elected, presumably after this year. Schuring has a strong pro-gun history, whether or not it continues remains to be seen. It should also be noted that Rosenberger's effective date of resignation is May 1st, and now he has nothing to lose, so a lot of damage can be done in that time.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

A few tidbits. Seems the Feds are interested in whatever he did or didn't do

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/p ... 505458002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf ... sen_3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good